Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: CFR Application Payment Issue

So there is light at the end of the tunnel, I suffered the same problem as everyone above! Let me tell you how to get it resolved!

I applied on 02/06/2020, my application got stuck at "Consideration - Semi" from 20/11/2020 until it was approved on 26/05/2021! The incorrect SAPS 86 number was captured on my electronic receipt/Polfin system after lodging numerous complaints via the generic email addresses I was finally informed on 17/03/2021 of the nature of the problem and that due to the error on the receipt the R140 application fee couldn't be accepted by the Polfin system. I was too willing to repay the R140 to get the problem solved but the system won't allow that! I was given the contact details of a Danisile Seloma who works under Col Simelane who is responsible for sorting this out (which seems to be an increasingly common problem), the problem was that Danisile never responded to emails and only answered her phone once every three weeks (when she did she was super helpful), she explained she was over burdened, as evidenced by the pictures from the recent PPC oversight visit to CFR! Col Simelane never responded to my emails either, an inspection case was eventually opened against him by Lt Col Makapane who gave Col Simelane a deadline of one week to provide her and myself with feedback, this deadline came went with no further update!

Eventually I had a sense of humour failure as it was now two months since I had been informed of the problem (March 2021) and I still couldn't get hold of Danisile again nor get the problem fixed! I decided to send an email to the WHOLE Police Portfolio Committee (PPC) in parliament, all the senior personnel in the Civilian Secretariat for Policing (the people responsible for drafting the new amendments to the FCA and responsible for advising min. Bheki Cele), Brig Mbalule and Maj Gen Mamothethi (both of whom head up the CFR in different capacities) as well as a whole bunch of the generic email addresses! The tone of my email was not that of abuse/anger but rather pleading/begging with them for assistance, while informing them failing any constructive response, I would be instructing Martin Hood to take the matter to court! I got the idea to email the PPC from a newspaper article whereby the head Ms Tina Joemat Peterson commented that the PPC weren't able to fulfill their duties as their email inboxes were constantly being flooded by disgruntled firearm owners, I subsequently found all the email addresses on the respective bodies websites!

Well let me tell you, I sent this email on the evening of 12 May and by Friday the 14th of May I had Col Simelane personally give me a phone call whereby I subsequently gave him the personal contact details of of my super helpful DFO who was unfortunately off as she was on night duty that day. Col Simelane was very professional and apologetic and explained due to their circumstances and workload how they were struggling, I told him I sympathised with their working conditions but that I now needed my application finalised as it was nearing one year outstanding! I subsequently also received a call from Lt Col Makapane ensuring Col Simelane had contacted me as well as a call from another high ranking SAPS member! Col Simelane reverted back with said feedback and promised to make contact with my DFO on Monday 17 May when she was back on day shift, to which he duly did and by Tuesday 18 May my DFO and finance lady under his guidance had sent the corrected electronic receipt to him, I subsequently contacted him yesterday (25/05/2021) to follow up and he promised me feedback this morning (26/05/2021), feedback was duly received this morning (26/05/2021) in the form of the SMS of approval as well as an email from Lt Col Makapane informing of the approval! I nearly fell off my chair and gave my co-workers a massive fright due to my ululating and clapping when the SMS came through! One week short of a full year!

When I collected my card for an unrelated application my DFO told me how Col. Simelane wouldn't stop hounding her and the finance lady to get the matter resolved as he urgently had to report back to Brig. Mbalule and Lt Col Makapane, I suspect they didn't want to be taken to court and that they had been left with egg on their face by me cc'ing in the PPC and CSP! Having a helpful DFO who gives you their personal number and takes pride in their job was definitely of great assistance too, provided once I managed to get hold of Col. Simelane!

User

Quote Originally Posted by Bjorn881 View Post
    So there is light at the end of the tunnel, I suffered the same problem as everyone above! Let me tell you how to get it resolved!

I applied on 02/06/2020, my application got stuck at "Consideration - Semi" from 20/11/2020 until it was approved on 26/05/2021! The incorrect SAPS 86 number was captured on my electronic receipt/Polfin system after lodging numerous complaints via the generic email addresses I was finally informed on 17/03/2021 of the nature of the problem and that due to the error on the receipt the R140 application fee couldn't be accepted by the Polfin system. I was too willing to repay the R140 to get the problem solved but the system won't allow that! I was given the contact details of a Danisile Seloma who works under Col Simelane who is responsible for sorting this out (which seems to be an increasingly common problem), the problem was that Danisile never responded to emails and only answered her phone once every three weeks (when she did she was super helpful), she explained she was over burdened, as evidenced by the pictures from the recent PPC oversight visit to CFR! Col Simelane never responded to my emails either, an inspection case was eventually opened against him by Lt Col Makapane who gave Col Simelane a deadline of one week to provide her and myself with feedback, this deadline came went with no further update!

Eventually I had a sense of humour failure as it was now two months since I had been informed of the problem (March 2021) and I still couldn't get hold of Danisile again nor get the problem fixed! I decided to send an email to the WHOLE Police Portfolio Committee (PPC) in parliament, all the senior personnel in the Civilian Secretariat for Policing (the people responsible for drafting the new amendments to the FCA and responsible for advising min. Bheki Cele), Brig Mbalule and Maj Gen Mamothethi (both of whom head up the CFR in different capacities) as well as a whole bunch of the generic email addresses! The tone of my email was not that of abuse/anger but rather pleading/begging with them for assistance, while informing them failing any constructive response, I would be instructing Martin Hood to take the matter to court! I got the idea to email the PPC from a newspaper article whereby the head Ms Tina Joemat Peterson commented that the PPC weren't able to fulfill their duties as their email inboxes were constantly being flooded by disgruntled firearm owners, I subsequently found all the email addresses on the respective bodies websites!

Well let me tell you, I sent this email on the evening of 12 May and by Friday the 14th of May I had Col Simelane personally give me a phone call whereby I subsequently gave him the personal contact details of of my super helpful DFO who was unfortunately off as she was on night duty that day. Col Simelane was very professional and apologetic and explained due to their circumstances and workload how they were struggling, I told him I sympathised with their working conditions but that I now needed my application finalised as it was nearing one year outstanding! I subsequently also received a call from Lt Col Makapane ensuring Col Simelane had contacted me as well as a call from another high ranking SAPS member! Col Simelane reverted back with said feedback and promised to make contact with my DFO on Monday 17 May when she was back on day shift, to which he duly did and by Tuesday 18 May my DFO and finance lady under his guidance had sent the corrected electronic receipt to him, I subsequently contacted him yesterday (25/05/2021) to follow up and he promised me feedback this morning (26/05/2021), feedback was duly received this morning (26/05/2021) in the form of the SMS of approval as well as an email from Lt Col Makapane informing of the approval! I nearly fell off my chair and gave my co-workers a massive fright due to my ululating and clapping when the SMS came through! One week short of a full year!

When I collected my card for an unrelated application my DFO told me how Col. Simelane wouldn't stop hounding her and the finance lady to get the matter resolved as he urgently had to report back to Brig. Mbalule and Lt Col Makapane, I suspect they didn't want to be taken to court and that they had been left with egg on their face by me cc'ing in the PPC and CSP! Having a helpful DFO who gives you their personal number and takes pride in their job was definitely of great assistance too, provided once I managed to get hold of Col. Simelane!
    Glad you got sorted, can you forward me via PM all the main jist of your email content along with all the email addresses you sent it to please?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Prodigal View Post
    Glad you got sorted, can you forward me via PM all the main jist of your email content along with all the email addresses you sent it to please?
    I would also like these please. My dfo is an absolute useless bag.... I can't get anywhere with him, and danisile might as well not have a phone or email address.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by Roguemeister View Post
    I would also like these please. My dfo is an absolute useless bag.... I can't get anywhere with him, and danisile might as well not have a phone or email address.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk
    I was at mine today actually, the reason why I searched for my issue and found this thread earlier.
    My DFO's attitude was simply, I don't know what to do, sorry. I pushed and pushed and was told if I really wanted to, I could try get hold of Col. Simelane at CFR. So at least the name ties up with what's being reported here.
    I can't believe GOSA can't tackle this, I thought this kind of stuff was up their ally.

User

I was at mine today actually, the reason why I searched for my issue and found this thread earlier.
    My DFO's attitude was simply, I don't know what to do, sorry. I pushed and pushed and was told if I really wanted to, I could try get hold of Col. Simelane at CFR. So at least the name ties up with what's being reported here.
    I can't believe GOSA can't tackle this, I thought this kind of stuff was up their ally.
    Simelane is useless and arrogant. simelanes3@saps.gov.za

User

Here-forth are the email addresses, I also used an ambiguous and 'click-bait' subject line namely "URGENT ASSISTANCE REQUIRED"

MabuleL@saps.gov.za,
    MamothethiM@saps.co.za,
    bmbengo@parliament.gov.za,
    tjoemat-pettersson@parliament.gov.za,
    PJGR@vodamail.co.za,
    TSEKOMAFANYA@gmail.com,
    zmajozi@parliament.gov.za,
    oratile.asi@gmail.com,
    spatrein@parliament.gov.za,
    patwetbooi@gmail.com,
    oterblanche@parliament.gov.za,
    awhitfield@parliament.gov.za,
    Phuti.Mashala@csp.gov.za,
    Akhona Ndlela <Akhona.Ndlela@dnaboard.gov.za>,
    Nontombi Hlongwane <Nontombi.Hlongwane@csp.gov.za>,
    Sifiso Zikhali <Sifiso.Zikhali@csp.gov.za>,
    takalani.ramaru@csp.gov.za,
    busi.mazibuko@csp.gov.za
    cc: Kibido Sibongile - Colonel <KibidoSibongile@saps.gov.za>,
    Godi Msindo - Lieutenant Colonel <GodiM@saps.gov.za>,
    Simelane SI - Colonel <SimelaneS3@saps.gov.za>,
    Makapane S - Lieutenant Colonel <MakapaneS@saps.gov.za>,
    Sutton Wystan - Captain <SuttonW2@saps.gov.za>,
    ZimoMN@saps.gov.za,
    MokebeJ@saps.gov.za,
    NkoaneM2@saps.gov.za

User

Thanks you, will give it a try.

Sent from my KB2000 using Tapatalk

User

There are 2 other people at my station that have the same problem, when my DFO subsequently reached out to Col. Simelane again, he apparently wasn't very interested in resolving their payment issue, so it seems outside pressure has to be applied! As I said earlier no matter how incompetent and useless SAPS are, I never resorted to aggression/vulgar language but adopted a coherent/appreciative approach coupled with a pleading/begging tone to display that I was at my wits end and how SAPS had abysmally failed to fulfill their duties hence me needing help!

In terms of GOSA taking this on, the challenge is that you need to do a class action with multiple affected parties to reduce the cost hence making it more accessible as well as if you only have a few applicants SAPS could approve the affected applications (there was a similar case in nature where this happened with GOSA) hence nullifying the reason for the court case, hence it helps the affected parties but not those going to be affected in the future! Also GOSA did put out a plea for applicants over 90 working days (as there is a court order stating SAPS need to abide by the 90 working day limit) but people weren't forthcoming and hadn't retained all the necessary documentation required to go to court IIRC! Martin Hood mentioned on his page about going ahead with a class action (@R4600)! Martin also mentioned on his page that he can write a letter for applications over 90 working days (@R850) and say if the application isn't finalised he will go ahead with court action (he has apparently had good success with this)!

User

My dfo has over 50 applications with this issue currently, so there are definitely enough people to follow up a class action.

I phoned CFR today and they say the issue on my application has been updated, but i'm going to need confirmation from someone other than the voice on the end of the phone before I believe it.

Queue email to all above email adresses!

User

My DFO has been unsuccessful in trying to phone everyone she could at CFR and Provincial to resolve my finance fiasco seems things are mixed with wrong Polfin numbers with wrong receipt numbers and because the financial year for 2020 was closed and finalized they cannot make the necessary correction to establish the fix for the Polfin link. My DFO has actually asked if we cannot cancel the current application and resubmit as it would probably be quicker than to try fix the fiasco.

I am at wits end also and had GOSA law and all sorts trying to get this resolved with no luck - my application has officially had a birthday - I was unsure if I should have brought my DFO cake when I had my appointment today...

The whole process is a joke orchestrated by a bunch of clowns. unfortunately there is collateral damage with people who try to do a good job but 10% Good and 90% Fail is still failing disgracefully in my book.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast