Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default SLR license card says Manually operated rifle

Got 2 guys here that have received SLR license cards (AR15's) in the last 3 months that say "manually operated rifle" on the cards.
    Both SAPS350's stated SLR and both were motivated and applied for as SLR

Both were handed their rifles by the dealers who said they see many many that show manually operated on the card while the system says SLR

Any others here seen this ??

User

Default Re: SLR license card says Manually operated rifle

Yes, my slr license shows manually operated rifle, although it was submitted as slr. I still need to have it corrected with a gunsmith report. But with the pain of going to DFO lately, I really couldn’t be bothered.

My one license was submitted for Section 13 and they issued it under section 16.... They have no control over what they are doing so if I was in that situation I wouldn't bother too much

User

I tried handing in an application mid May and it was listed as a rifle on the database, had to get a gunsmith report to change it to SLR. All was handed in 26 May again. Till now there is no update or tracking as DFO informed me that they are still waiting for it to be changed to SLR before they can process the application.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven001 View Post
    My one license was submitted for Section 13 and they issued it under section 16.... They have no control over what they are doing so if I was in that situation I wouldn't bother too much
    If you have dedicated status. They do that. I applied for CZ p01. Marked S13. But included DSS certificate and said will also shoot sport. They sent back as S16.

Why would you want S13 if your dedicated in any case.

User

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    If you have dedicated status. They do that. I applied for CZ p01. Marked S13. But included DSS certificate and said will also shoot sport. They sent back as S16.

Why would you want S13 if your dedicated in any case.
    Why not have a Sec 13? I get the any legal use clause but why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Stevin View Post
    Why not have a Sec 13? I get the any legal use clause but why not?
    Why would you want to renew every 5 years instead of 10. Also why not want to be able to purchase more or have more then the limit of ammunition allowed on S13.

If you have dedicated status and apply under 13 or 15 its like working backwards.

User

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    Why would you want to renew every 5 years instead of 10. Also why not want to be able to purchase more or have more then the limit of ammunition allowed on S13.

If you have dedicated status and apply under 13 or 15 its like working backwards.
    Except your circumstances may chance where you may not be able to maintain dedicated status and only have a few "non-restricted" firearms are the govt puts it... to me having those are Sec 13 and Sec 15 makes way more sense.

Renewing licesnes isn't exactly a big thing (not that I really want to renew in any case).

I don't know but I recognize your argument even if I don't agree entirely with it's premise.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevin View Post
    Except your circumstances may chance where you may not be able to maintain dedicated status and only have a few "non-restricted" firearms are the govt puts it... to me having those are Sec 13 and Sec 15 makes way more sense.

Renewing licesnes isn't exactly a big thing (not that I really want to renew in any case).

I don't know but I recognize your argument even if I don't agree entirely with it's premise.
    Yes exactly, with S15 and S13 you don't have to worry about maintaining dedicated. More permanent.

User

So long as your application is not done under false pretences to try and skirt any regulations...

S13,15 and 16 each have their place but ultimately "lawful use" is claused in.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast