Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    User

Default Osteoarthritis how to stop the PAIN.

Hello… Don’t really know how to start or ask, so forgive me.
    I guess I’m interested or maybe “desperate” to find out if there is anyone on this forum that has the same issues than me. I’m not looking for sympathy, I’m merely looking for someone that also has this evil disease and that has managed to find a “miracle treatment” for the PAIN, as “naturally” as possible.

I was diagnosed with osteoarthritis in my right hip and knee, have tried the various treatments and had a knee arthroscopy done on my right knee, which did diddly-squat pain wise. The FACT is my “hip” (my right crotch area, my right thigh at the front of which radiates down to my right knee) pains on a daily basis, some days are better than others. To clarify NOTHING helps (walking, stretching, massaging, icing) except strong prescription Anti-inflammatory painkillers, which I despise and feel ashamed to use. I’m NOT delusional, obviously hip replacement surgery is the only REAL solution, but that is not an option for now.
    With all of that I do also suffer from severe gouty arthritis, at least which is only painful when an attack occurs, but is very manageable with the correct diet.

Hopefully there’s a few people on here that has “natural” treatment solution, which also won’t cost an arm and a leg.

PS: I’ve tried PIASCLEDINE®.

User

Default Re: Osteoarthritis how to stop the PAIN.

Try this, hope it helps.

Ages ago, I was present in a gunshop when an old lady came in and asked for "gun oil capsules" for her arthritis. The capsules she referred to was Neo- Ballistol She claimed that it was the only remedy that helped for the pain. Another customer who heard the discussion, told her he gave his aged German Shepherd dog one capsule a day. If the dog did not get the "medicine" he suffered badly and could barely walk.
    If the Neo- Ballistol is effective I dont know. I am just relating what I heard. Nicolas Yale are the agents
    Perhaps it is worth a try ?

If the 88 in your handle refers to your year of birth, it’s pretty early to suffer so badly from OA? If you’ll forgive me the question, should you look at shedding some weight, or is that not the issue?

From what I hear from some of the people I deal with, hydrotherapy seems to provide them some pain relief. But these are usually people just waiting to be old enough to have a joint replacement.

Also heard good things about turmeric as an anti-inlfammatory, as eduans posted.
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

User
    Right next to the pot that needs stirring.

Did not give attention, just heard an add yesterday in the passing on Pretoria FM about some sort of new collagen powder and heard the word arthritis also. Maybe check their website for a list of advertisers or tune in to them for a day till the ad plays.

I doubt it will be the solution for you, but myself take Magnesium daily. The pH of the water where I am staying are low, meaning the water is "hungry" for Ca and Mg. It dissolves the Ca and Mg from your body. So we replenish it by Mg capsules and also with Dolomite capsules for Ca + Mg. Mg deficiency being the culprit on the joints as far as I know. Have a look at this, also as you are talking about gout. I have reduced gout 90 % by just adding Ca and especially Mg to compensate for the water I drink.

User

My gun dealer told me the same. He called one of his clients who takes it and I chatted to the other gent. He swore by it. I feel your pain. I have Psoriatic Arthritis.

User

Try Jenny's Tablets.
    Helps my arthritis.
    Call 0315649300 in Durban, they get from Bloem but there are distributors all over SA.
    They should be able to give you the guy's tel No in Bloem.

Banned

Branden, do you know what causes your OA?

In some cases, it is genetic but in other cases, it is caused by something you use on a daily base.

User

CBD oil or tropical cream?
    Soak in a warm bath with Epsom salts from Dischem?

User

There are a miriad of over the counter treaments for osteoarthritis. Unfortunately, most of them are not well-researched.

From communications with patients, you can try some of the following:

Non pharmaceuticals

Piasclidien
    Any chondroitin/ collagen supplement
    Turmeric
    CBD oil

Pharmaceutical (You shouldn't feel guilty for needing medication)

Paracetamol ( Needs to be taken at correct dosage and regular)
    Tramadol ( stronger than paracetamol, has some side effects in terms of nausea, dizziness, sleepiness etc). Stronger opioid analgesics have serious addiction potential and should not be use for chronic OA pain.
    Anti-inflammatories- there are a lot on the market, most are effective but also have side effects and interactions with other medications

I prefer to not give combination capsules, but rather combinations of the individual drugs. You take more tablets, but get the optimal dose. Reasonable evidence that you can control/improve OA pain with oral meds. Pharmaceutical and non-pharmaceutical products can have side effects and interactions with other medication. Please discuss the options with your dr before taking new medication/supplements

Intra-articular injections
    Long acting steroids, PRP's and hyaluronic acid injections. Research is equivocal in terms of long term benefits. Some patients do have short/medium term pain relief.

Physical interventions
    Walking aids, braces, shoe inserts can help
    Supervised exercise/physio can help
    Weight loss

Surgery

in some cases realignment surgery can help, otherwise its a joint replacement. Arthroscopy often doesn't help.

Feel free to contact me via PM if you have questions.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast