Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Re: Osteoarthritis how to stop the PAIN.

Really glad to see you getting some relief from the pain. By all accounts it is a terrible affliction.
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Branden88 View Post
    @Lone Gunman, Good day Sir, thanks for your response. No I have NOT tried it, but I’m certainly willing to give it a try for one month and see how it compares to the Flora Force Turmerynne, which now has given me a good bench mark, unlike Piascledine®. I’ve read on the link that basically it could be beneficial to “combine MSM with glucosamine” which could yield better results.May I ask how long have you been taking the MSM nonstop?Do you think there could be any concern using it long term?I’ll visit Dischem I see they do stock it as well.https://www.dischem.co.za/real-thing...y-120-tabs-983https://www.dischem.co.za/biogen-glu...in-60-tabs-048
    I've been taking MSM for about 6 months now. I stopped for a month but the pain started coming back so went back on it. From my research it seems to be benign and has no long term usage issues. I also came across articles saying MSM is particularly effective when combined with glucosamine, but for me the MSM is plenty effective enough on it's own.

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

Quote Originally Posted by SoldierMan View Post
    I also heard that turmeric can help.
    Try get the actual root though rather than the pills or powder, it will be a lot more potent cut fresh like that.

Don't over do it though, it can cause bleeding (rear end) if you overdo ginger or turmeric, I learnt this the hard way. Not a big deal though, you just cut down on the amount you take.
    Take it with Black pepper to reduce the side effects and enhance the absorption thus result.
    live out your imagination , not your history.

User

@Skaaphaas thank you, will report back in a few weeks to compare the Flora Force Turmerynne against the MSM, oh and the “weight loss” is going well.

@Lone Gunman, 6 months is a long period to test it out thoroughly, I will start using it from Friday in combination with the glucosamine, and if it’s twice as effective as the Flora Force Turmerynne then I’ll be over the moon.

@ SoldierMan, @KK20 Thanks for the reply, but I don’t want to take too many “supplements” at once, I’m really surprised by the Flora Force Turmerynne to be honest. IMHO I really don’t want to spend a lot of time making it or chewing on raw ingredients.

User

Hey Branden, it's been almost a month... Any progress on the pain reduction?

User

I’ve read on the link that basically it could be beneficial to “combine MSM with glucosamine” which could yield better results.
    I know a few guys that worked like a dog in their younger years. All over 60, and all the pains and aches starts. Thanks to MSM, (the powder one that you give to horses) they now still run and cycle like normal people. Having permanent back and shoulder pain they advice me to take it for the pain. R 100 for 1/2 KG is a cheap experiment to see if it will work. Will give feedback in a year or two.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Zuku View Post
    I know a few guys that worked like a dog in their younger years. All over 60, and all the pains and aches starts. Thanks to MSM, (the powder one that you give to horses) they now still run and cycle like normal people. Having permanent back and shoulder pain they advice me to take it for the pain. R 100 for 1/2 KG is a cheap experiment to see if it will work. Will give feedback in a year or two.
    A not so old (50 ish) friend of mine also swears by MSM from the horse shop. I was going to try, but had a metal upgrade instead

User

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Gunman View Post
    Hey Branden, it's been almost a month... Any progress on the pain reduction?
    @Lone Gunman,
    Yes it has, so I’ve been using the MSM (Methylsulfonylmethane) in combination with the Glucosamine every day for almost a full month now. So here is MY honest opinion. Firstly again it’s way better than PIASCLEDINE®, however I cannot simply say it’s better than Flora Force Turmerynne, because FOR ME it does NOT give the same type of relieve. It's hard to explain, pain is hard to explain and especially, arthritis pain it has so many different variations.
    The MSM / Glucosamine combo gave a slight relieve overall but there was still pain and stiffness, especially when active but not as hectic as to not using anything. As for the Flora Force Turmerynne that to me is more of an “instant” relieve FOR ME like after you’ve been active and now have inflammation in that area or the pain is just worse on that day, or could be an alternative to prescribed pain killers.
    But yes in conclusion the MSM / Glucosamine combo does give some relieve, obviously it’s NOT a miracle cure and cannot replace your cartilage etc. But I’m happy I will use those three products as I do believe it’s less harmful / less toxic / less side effects / less long term issues as the prescription pain killers.

User

Do some reading and research on the anti-inflammatory diet, auto immune protocol, and paleo diet programs, there is a lot in common between them. These fall under the category of grain (gluten) free, dairy free, sugar free diet plans. Similar to Banting without the dairy.

They are not for everybody, as most people don't have the knowledge, discipline or are prepared to make the lifestyle changes to make them work, but if you have the insight to understand how they work and the discipline to carry them through, then you can expect the following:

1. You will achieve weight loss, and a return to a normal body mass index. This will take some pressure off your joints.
    2. General better health. Blood sugar control, lower cholesterol and a better lipid profile (no need for statins etc)
    3. Lower inflammatory markers. A diet high in inflammatory will work synergistically with osteoarthritis to increase pain. If you lower your systemic inflammatory response, you will feel less pain.
    4. If your condition is exacerbated by an underlying and perhaps undiagnosed autoimmune condition such as ankylosing spondylitis, fibromyalgia, lupus, you will get a lot of relief, as these will go into remission on this diet.

@ SoldierMan, @KK20 Thanks for the reply, but I don’t want to take too many “supplements” at once, I’m really surprised by the Flora Force Turmerynne to be honest. IMHO I really don’t want to spend a lot of time making it or chewing on raw ingredients.
    Bit late with this response, but the idea is not to chew on raw turmeric :) but to cut it into tiny pieces and swallow the pieces with water. Chewing it would not be very palatable at all. A teaspoon every other day is what I do.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast