Default HuntGroup Shotgun quality

Hi

I've seen a lot of retailers selling HuntGroup 12Ga shotguns between 4-5k which is not bad but I have never heard of them apart from them being made in Turkey. Some posts in the states suggest to stay away due to bad build quality and parts availability.

Honestly I think for extra 2k a Mossberg would be better but would like to get some input from people that might own a HG 12GA.

Have a good day.

User

Default Re: HuntGroup Shotgun quality

If you want a pump on a budget I'd buy a well looked after Remington/Mossberg/Winchester for a couple k more mainly due to the relative ease with which you can get spares and accessories for them.

i was very fortunate last week to get a beautiful winchester defender for 2k. Have seen them going for between 6 and 8k. On gunafrica at the moment there are a few nice looking 12 gauges shotguns for good prices

User

I have a Win 1300 Def but I bought a Huntgroup shotgun about 2 years ago from Tim and it goes to the range about every other month and eats through a box of shells with no problem, never had an issue -yet.

I would have said before the whole CFR mess when it was still possible to get a license between 3-6 months to go for it, if it breaks it breaks, you buy a new one and chuck it in the bin but now but rather opt for something with a recognizable name like Winchester or Mossberg that does have more support and proper parts.

if you are certain that you have 4-5k to burn and your not going to cry if it breaks it is still a lekka shottie, goes click-bang and feels good in my paws.

User

Do look around, I bought my Mossberg 88 for a bargain a year or two ago.. It might go for sale if I can afford to get the semi-auto I want come end July.

As a note. You can also look at a Browning BPS. Which is the smoothest pump action you will find on a budget.