Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Default Re: I thought I was ready...

Quote Originally Posted by Luker View Post
    Hope springs eternal
    As it seems does raw sewage ;-)

User

It’s nothing for parts of Queenstown to be without power for 4-5 days. Also nothing for power to not come back on after loadshedding ends for a few hours. When there’s no electricity the water pressure drops and and eventually dries up. Municipality doesn’t (can’t afford to) keep electrical spares on hand so private individuals or businesses have to purchase spares when needed AND send vehicles 2-4 hours away to collect. If you don’t have a backup source for water and electricity in town you are in serious trouble. Municipal account with Eskom is over R500mil and grows monthly.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Bowhunter View Post
    It’s nothing for parts of Queenstown to be without power for 4-5 days. Also nothing for power to not come back on after loadshedding ends for a few hours. When there’s no electricity the water pressure drops and and eventually dries up. Municipality doesn’t (can’t afford to) keep electrical spares on hand so private individuals or businesses have to purchase spares when needed AND send vehicles 2-4 hours away to collect. If you don’t have a backup source for water and electricity in town you are in serious trouble. Municipal account with Eskom is over R500mil and grows monthly.
    I think ELM owes 10 to 100 times more than R500 mil.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2