Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
Somehow I have always practiced instinctive shooting as well.

I can for sure easily hit a chest size target at 10 m without sights. Not clover leave by any means or competition grouping.

But I would hit it.

So I am fairly confident at very short engagement where time is a factor. I will be able to hit target. And dont need to first switch on sight buttons and get sights aligned. If you EDC. When do you switch sight on?

If target is at distance. Its maybe another story. But in house I dont see + 10m.

Then again in firearm retention training we did as part of Krav Maga. We mostly shot and kept in close quarters. Handgun very close to us and even opposite arm bend and in way to protect it from being grabbed by attacker. Those distances even normal sights cant be used.
You should try to aim for tighter accuracy standards. Hitting a chest size target at 10m means that under duress you are more likely to miss that target. Aim for tighter accuracy standards in practice so you have more leeway in case of a defensive use when your accuracy can be worse. The 9 ring on a NRA B8 target is about the size of a human heart so its a good standard to aim for.

Leave the dot on permanently.