Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    User

Quote Originally Posted by TStone View Post
    I have used both the 6.5x55 and the 6.5 Creedmoor, a lot, on game. I have also watched a lot of friends and clients hunt with these cartridges. Historically, the 6.5's have been very popular light hunting rifles, especially for smaller framed and recoil sensitive hunters. While the 6.5 Creedmoor is considered a joke by some, 6.5mm cartridges with exactly the same ballistic performance have reliably been killing game for more than a century. These include the 6.5x54 and the 6.5x55. These days with modern expanding bullets the 6.5 Ceedmoor and 6.5x55 make even more sense as hunting rifles.
    Have you tried a creedmoor on kudu? Or would that be asking for trouble?

User

Default Re: Push Feed vs Controlled Feed

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
    Have you tried a creedmoor on kudu? Or would that be asking for trouble?
    Yes, I have. It worked well.

User

Default Re: Push Feed vs Controlled Feed

Quote Originally Posted by Adoons View Post
    Thanks Cordite. Excellent tests you did.

What I am considering is to get a lighter recoiling rifle that can kill "decently" at 50-150 meters on medium sized antelope with less recoil than a 30-06. Dads 9 yo girl is getting more and more interested in hunting and shooting and I don't have something for her to use that are lighter in recoil and still are enough gun for Impala and Blesbuck etc. The lighter choice is .223, but that is too light to hunt with successfully under our hunting conditions, period. And then myself would also use it for hunting Springbuck and the like in the Karoo in a year or two. Wanting to take the family there for a hunt at some point. Thinking about using a Burris Eliminator scope on such a rifle to make it easier for all of us. We are not shooting over longer distances often so a decent long range rifle and scope would certainly help with better success and cleaner kills. We like to hunt ethically.

So all of this said and read on this thread by all your contributions have me to conclude that for this rifle I really don't need to shy away from a push feed action.
    Sounds to me like you're a candidate for a 6.5 Grendel.........

After you've googled it, try Humansdorp Co-op ;-)

You could also try a 6x45 but that would be a full-on custom job.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6