Default SAPS has FAILED | Ian Cameron

Has the South African Police Service (SAPS) failed to maintain law and order in South Africa? David Ansara of the CRA speaks to Ian Cameron, co-founder of Firearms.co.za and head of media relations at SafeCitizen, about criminality within the ranks of the police and what ordinary South Africans can do to preserve their safety.

Default Re: SAPS has FAILED | Ian Cameron

i don't like the comment that the cfr has come to a stand still:(

Quote Originally Posted by glenn.watson View Post
    i don't like the comment that the cfr has come to a stand still:(
    DFO at my station this morning told me they received cards yesterday. 6 months from application. So they not standing still and the wheels are turning. Maybe still slower then normal due to Covid and off course Amnesty apps.

Banned

My contention as well. Due to SAPS not doing their work, we as law abiding citizens are now being blamed and they want to take and limit our firearms.

User

People should be reminded how many firearms are lost p/p , state vs private.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Meteor View Post
    People should be reminded how many firearms are lost p/p , state vs private.
    Do you really think that we'll ever know the true total is? I don't think so because clearly it doesn't fit their story line.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Vaal View Post
    Do you really think that we'll ever know the true total is? I don't think so because clearly it doesn't fit their story line.
    Years ago I did a calculation with stats pulled on the net. I got a ratio of 4 to 1.

Even if it turned out that I missed something or the info was off I don't see why we shouldn't do exactly as GFSA does, just say 4 to 1 and repeat it every time someone corrects you.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Meteor View Post
    Years ago I did a calculation with stats pulled on the net. I got a ratio of 4 to 1.

Even if it turned out that I missed something or the info was off I don't see why we shouldn't do exactly as GFSA does, just say 4 to 1 and repeat it every time someone corrects you.
    GFSA would say 10 to 1

User

Quote Originally Posted by oafpatroll View Post
    GFSA would say 10 to 1
    I think you've got the idea wrong. gfsa will rather say that private citizens loose 10 guns per 1 for the state, but Meteor's calculation say it is 4 state owned for every 1 private citizen gun.

User

Correct but it gets worse.

I included the total of SAPS's members. It probably includes many who never use firearms. And I feel that common sense would say most where lost while on their person AND mostly one at a time.
    Then on the private side. I would think most are lost from a safe I.O.W. the owner is not directly responsible and they could lose more than one at a time.

So if you could lose only one per time and could only lose it while on your person and you lost 4 times more than us and you had the state's approval and training we could pretty much conclude that we are being proper F%$#@ atm. It makes me very angry. I should probably stop talking now.