Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    User

Default Re: 308 Norma B/T 125gr for hunting?

Glad I could entertain you folks a bit with my Post, Spoke to a guy last night on FB, he shoots 150gr Ballistic tips at 2773 fps and shoots Gemsbuck and Blue Wildebeest at ranges like 230m with good expansion, and does not lose animals, he says they perform well and gets good accuracy up to 400m, thats good enough for me!

Quote Originally Posted by treeman View Post
    A whole list of must do has now been created, I have never even slowed down when reading and B/T came up, skip to real bullets.

TStone: better than the Hornady SST and as good if not better than the Sierra Game King REALLY !!! ??

Never used the SST, again because Ballistic - Super Shock etc etc have never meant deep penetration to me, seems I am going to have to do some costly testing.
    You mention better than G/King, again ,REALLY ? - that puts the B/T in the very good non bonded, monolithic grouping of bullets, there is nothing wrong with a G/King for non demanding work.

This has been one of the most turn about of what I know posts ever posted.

Shooting Springbuck next week, I have Hornady V Max 55 gr bullets.

Banned

You know that a 308 Norma Magnum is the next on your list? One rifle is simply not enough

User

Quote Originally Posted by A-R View Post
    Re15 (same stuff as Norma203B) has a burn rate similar to Somchem S355.
    It would be suitable for light bullets in a 243 and for heavy bullets in a 308.

For a 150 gn bullet in a 308 I would use a faster powder such as Re10X or similar, roughly in the same burn rate range as S335.
    A-R, Nosler's site actually states the following figures: RL15: 42.0 @ 2728fps, 44.0 @ 2843fps and MAX 46.0@2958fps
    Alliant states the following figures: RL15: 49 gr@ 2919fps

User

[QUOTE=Messor;1420368]Ja but Peter some folk only shoot 150gr SST, and they are also perfectly happy with it.
    The trick is using any equip correctly.

Your combo is a good general hunting combo, must agree with that.

True Messor. I should have ended my post with 'just saying'

User

Quote Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
    A-R, Nosler's site actually states the following figures: RL15: 42.0 @ 2728fps, 44.0 @ 2843fps and MAX 46.0@2958fps
    Alliant states the following figures: RL15: 49 gr@ 2919fps
    With those max loads your are likely to run out of case capacity. I bet that 49 gn load is heavily compressed. Also, I suspect quite a percentage of that powder will not burn before the bullet exits the muzzle. So yes, the powder can be used safely, but I would not rate it as ideal for the particular application.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by A-R View Post
    With those max loads your are likely to run out of case capacity. I bet that 49 gn load is heavily compressed. Also, I suspect quite a percentage of that powder will not burn before the bullet exits the muzzle. So yes, the powder can be used safely, but I would not rate it as ideal for the particular application.
    May also find with highly compressed ball propellant there could be some issues come the hotter months.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7