Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    User

Default Re: TheQM – Pangolin Vehicle Gun Safe Q&A

Quote Originally Posted by MSW2 View Post
    Dimensions?
    There are two sizes, intended for one handgun or two.

Exterior dimensions:
    Model 180.255 : 190 mm (w) x 305 mm (d) x 60 mm (h) (extremities)
    Model 210.255. : 220 mm (w) x 305 mm (d) x 60 mm (h) (extremities)

Usable interior cavity size (excluding padding):
    Model 180.255 : 150 mm (w) x 205 mm (d) x 50 mm (h)
    Model 210.255. : 180 mm (w) x 205 mm (d) x 50 mm (h)

User

For the caravan and towing vehicle situation a good option is one docked safe and extra dock. Much lower cost than two safes.

Have you done an installation on a LC 79 DC, and if so, what was the installation location options?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Fireformed View Post
    Have you done an installation on a LC 79 DC, and if so, what was the installation location options?
    We don't have details of all the installations but the closest I can think of was a LC Prado where it was installed laterally in the right passenger footwell. Met with the customer last week and he is very happy with that location.

User

Quote Originally Posted by MarioKuisis View Post
    We have never thought of this as an option and theoretically it would be feasible as the lid thickness is the same as the base. The gas strut can be removed as it won't be needed and would allow more usable space. The only potential problem I can foresee is finding steel to bolt onto as this is a legal requirement.
    Cool. Find steel or perhaps add steel. Lid suitability and thickness for mounting makes the options more.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Fireformed View Post
    A mate of mine put in a console between the front seats of his 75 with a small domestic safe below a carpet covered removable false floor. That worked really well and looked pretty stock. I think the same basic idea could be made to work with an existing console.

User

Quote Originally Posted by oafpatroll View Post
    A mate of mine put in a console between the front seats of his 75 with a small domestic safe below a carpet covered removable false floor. That worked really well and looked pretty stock. I think the same basic idea could be made to work with an existing console.
    That's a neat idea and I'm sure you are right. Once you start looking with some creativity like this and the lid attachment concept mentioned earlier, then more options appear than at first seem possible. Some people have thought about vertical mounting but I'm not sure if anyone has actually tried it with a Pangolin H. I do know that it works well with the Pangolin L.

User

The back wall of a doublecab behind the seats is another option that comes to mind. The blind ends of the bolts would be hard to get between the the bak and the cab but once in they would be effectively shielded from attack. Having done some measurements on mine for another purpose I could definitely get the smaller of the two models in mine with just a little foam removal from the back of the seat to create clearance.

User

I'm on a roll now, must be the meds and the wine! Adding some strong magnets to the safe would increase the options for mounting position..

User

Quote Originally Posted by oafpatroll View Post
    The back wall of a doublecab behind the seats is another option that comes to mind. The blind ends of the bolts would be hard to get between the the bak and the cab but once in they would be effectively shielded from attack. Having done some measurements on mine for another purpose I could definitely get the smaller of the two models in mine with just a little foam removal from the back of the seat to create clearance.
    For info, there's a solution for secure single side mounting using Plusnuts. It's not necessary to always be able to get to the "other side". It's not unusual to find that the best location requires bolting where there is a closed box section and this works really well. Much more secure for example than using extra length bolts. The Plusnuts are an approved option for installers to use when required.

Hope this makes sense - the wine may also be talking!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast