Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    User

Default Re: TheQM – Pangolin Vehicle Gun Safe Q&A

Quote Originally Posted by MarioKuisis View Post
    Taking this idea a bit further, an ideal location for a sedan is mounted upside down onto the sill in the boot. Not only is the sill usually made of steel, but the safe will be completely inconspicuous and out of the way. Really need to thank you for asking the question.
    A big consideration against mounting it there is the need to transfer a pew in a visible place.

Quote Originally Posted by Cockroach View Post
    A big consideration against mounting it there is the need to transfer a pew in a visible place.
    Agreed. An open parking on a street would not be ideal, but I think with some, fore-planning and a plastic shopping bag i think it can be done.
    Recent studies show that 1 out of every 3 liberals are just as dumb as the other 2

Quote Originally Posted by camouflage762 View Post
    Agreed. An open parking on a street would not be ideal, but I think with some, fore-planning and a plastic shopping bag i think it can be done.
    Even with the safe mounted inside the vehicle, it takes a bit of planning and forethought to use it. Can't just pull your gun out in a parking lot with people around, even in your car.

One thing I have found, with my holster's big wedge, it doesn't fit in the safe, so you have to unholster first. A flatish holster should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by jager View Post
    Even with the safe mounted inside the vehicle, it takes a bit of planning and forethought to use it. Can't just pull your gun out in a parking lot with people around, even in your car.

One thing I have found, with my holster's big wedge, it doesn't fit in the safe, so you have to unholster first. A flatish holster should be fine.
    Nowadays I think if you were going to use the car safe on the day you would plan for it, I do not think it would be a spur of the moment impulse during a normal working day.

When I did some close protection work we planned for situations where we would have to hand over firearms to colleagues, at what point and time. (All permits were in order etc)

If you know you will be at the CCMA/Court etc. then I am pretty sure it can be planned for and should be.

(I imagine being forced to choose between leaving a firearm under a car seat or losing ones job is not an ideal situation)
    Recent studies show that 1 out of every 3 liberals are just as dumb as the other 2

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5