Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    User

Default Re: More SAPS Guns Stolen

Quote Originally Posted by Glockster View Post
    It's not whining, its called ridiculing. And under the circumstances is completely justified given govts incompetence and stupidity. Maybe you are whining, what do you expect Ady to do, sit outside Norwood SAPS and guard the storeroom? Would that be a satisfactory solution to the problem?
    He was whining about people trying to toe the legal line. As if we have so many options. Go read more and assume less.

Just to be clear. Screw the popo with their double standards. They should pay for their laziness, ineptitude and more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

For the record i was not whining and i think i am very well read. I don't get towing the legal line, when the law is put in place to be unjust and target you as a specific demographic in the country. In this case a firearm owner. This isn't 1989.

We all know that government is pushing hard for EWC, but that can't be pushed with a armed populace. Recent events in KZN have shown the ruling party what a armed population can and will accomplish.

So if you took offense to my post, then so be it, but i won't tow the legal unjust line, but if you want to, then go ahead, that is your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by ady View Post
    Don't worry. When the time comes, legal firearm owners will fall over themselves and que for hours to hand their firearms in, because government said they must.

One thing that CV has shown us, is some people love to be told what to do and directed.

Sadly, my experience tells me that that's true. We don't win a fight even when we can. I think it was a philosopher called Sallus who said sometime BC that "Most men don't want freedom. Most only want a master that doesn't beat them." But a bit more about Norwood. Yesterday on eNCA journalist Barry Bateman reported that a quantity of firearms had disappeared from SAPS store. Didn't say how many but that there is evidence that some ended up in the hands of criminals. No surprise there. eNCA played a short clip of Martin Hood who said that it emerged at a portfolio committee meeting he attended, that 46 SAPS Section 13 stores are not fit for purpose, and that in some cases firearms are not tagged or the store locked. It just goes on, doesn't it, but we are to blame for the guns in criminal hands.

Something else came up on TV yesterday that I might publish elsewhere on Gunsite as well, about the public attitude that will lead to prohibition eventually. As you are all probably aware the British media has talked about nothing else but the Plymouth shooting. Yesterday two journalists were interviewed, Sky News I think, about various things including that. Both said that they were astonished to learn just how many people had gun licences. "Just who are the people who own all those guns, and why do so many people want to own guns" asked one of them. The figure is 720 000, just one percent of the population. So they are amazed that one in a hundred people own guns and consider it excessive. The tone made it obvious that they would support "tightening" which in the British context would amount to prohibition. It was also said the police want the right to poke into firearm owners' social media because, it is claimed, the perpetrator had been into suspicious stuff. They supported that too. I'm not going to say bring on 1984 because we are well past that.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Dick View Post
    eNCA played a short clip of Martin Hood who said that it emerged at a portfolio committee meeting he attended, that 46 SAPS Section 13 stores are not fit for purpose, and that in some cases firearms are not tagged or the store locked.
    In the interview he said that SAPS themselves said that they cannot satisfactorily look after the firearms. SAPS have also told the portfolio committee in the past that they can't fulfill their mandate.

User

Quote Originally Posted by ady View Post
    We all know that government is pushing hard for EWC, but that can't be pushed with a armed populace. Recent events in KZN have shown the ruling party what a armed population can and will accomplish.
    This is exactly why they will try anything and everything to disarm a 'certain demographic'. disarming a population is what every 'would be' totalitarian government does prior to imposing horrendous conditions on it's people.

Banned

Banned

User

Wonder if anyone at SAPS is able to raise a blush? It must be an embarrassing place to work for those who still can.

Stolen firearms:
    A police source from the area told TimesLIVE firearms were stolen. “Four R5 assault rifles, three pump-action shotguns and three 9mm pistols with 83 rounds were stolen

User

The problem is word wide

https://nationalgunbroker.com/news/h...b-machine-gun/

Have You Seen the Army’s Missing M240B Machine Gun?

Barnes encouraged those with information about the gun’s disappearance to call the Fort Irwin CID Office at 760-380-5812, the military police at 760-386-4040 or to submit a note anonymously to the CID tip line.

It is not uncommon for Army weapons to get stolen or lost. A 2021 Associated Press investigation found that 1,303 Army rifles and handguns went missing between 2013 and 2019.

In 2011, three members of military police stole 26 machine guns and a sniper rifle from Fort Irwin. Police found several of these weapons in Fresno, California, eight years later.

It is illegal for California civilians to possess machine guns unless they hold a state-issued permit. The state Department of Justice gives permits only to those with a proven need — machine gun manufacturers, for instance.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast