Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    User

Default Hunting under Lockdown Level 4

Hi All

I need clarification please as some colleagues are saying that hunting is not deemed as leisure and I may cross the Gauteng borders and others are of the opinion that it is leisure.

I have made bookings this weekend and need to find out if I am "legally" permitted to cross the Gauteng borders to go hunting.

Thanks in Advance

Default Re: Hunting under Lockdown Level 4

hunting is leisure and you'll probably be in trouble. You might be lucky if you can change your hunt to a "culling exercise"

User

You are not allowed to travel for leisure outside of Gauteng if you live in Gauteng.

Hunting is seen as a leisure activity, so no you cant.

Culling is seen as a business (people do this for a living) or business necessity (game farm owner needs to cull to protect the business) hence Glenn's comment regarding culling.

Quote Originally Posted by Peppa View Post
    Hi All

I need clarification please as some colleagues are saying that hunting is not deemed as leisure and I may cross the Gauteng borders and others are of the opinion that it is leisure.

I have made bookings this weekend and need to find out if I am "legally" permitted to cross the Gauteng borders to go hunting.

Thanks in Advance
    Well if im you. I would make 100% sure. Not sure if you can phone Covid hot line. But if you get this wrong. Expect fine. Record on your name. And you wont own a firearm anymore with record.

Carte Blanche had story of people under first lockdown. Who got arrested for masks and walking on beach. And they struggle with finding jobs. As its shown as record on your profile.

User

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    Well if im you. I would make 100% sure. Not sure if you can phone Covid hot line. But if you get this wrong. Expect fine. Record on your name. And you wont own a firearm anymore with record.

Carte Blanche had story of people under first lockdown. Who got arrested for masks and walking on beach. And they struggle with finding jobs. As its shown as record on your profile.
    If someone won't hire you because you walked on the beach, you need to reconsider whether you want to work for them at all.

Sent from my FIG-LA1 using Tapatalk

User
    Right next to the pot that needs stirring.

Hunting is leisure. Even if you are going on a planned culling operation with hunters from different areas, please be sure to keep to covid safety protocol at all times. This pandemic is currently really out of control. Myself are sitting in bed being positive. It is not a light cold, believe me. In our town you cannot even get to a Doctor or find place in any hospital if needed.

User

My mate is connected to a group that does culling on a commercial basis for game meat harvesting. He has joined them on numerous shoots during this covid merrie. Each time he's been furnished with some paperwork which supposedly gets him 'out of jail free' if stopped.

Quote Originally Posted by Keepleft View Post
    If someone won't hire you because you walked on the beach, you need to reconsider whether you want to work for them at all.

Regrettably it does not work that way. Alot of companies policies will be not to hire anyone with criminal record. Especially in finance. So at start of process your CV will be rejected on these grounds. There are so many in job market. There is no time to investigate the nature of your record.

Plus if you break a law that is known. It shows your kinda personality regarding rules also to a company.

Also in away stealing a small packet of NikNaks at the PnP is still theft. Even if the other guy stole a TV from PnP.
    So the size of the crime does not matter. Its the conscious decision to break a law/rule that count in a companies view.

User

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    Regrettably it does not work that way. Alot of companies policies will be not to hire anyone with criminal record. Especially in finance. So at start of process your CV will be rejected on these grounds. There are so many in job market. There is no time to investigate the nature of your record.

Plus if you break a law that is known. It shows your kinda personality regarding rules also to a company.

Also in away stealing a small packet of NikNaks at the PnP is still theft. Even if the other guy stole a TV from PnP.
    So the size of the crime does not matter. Its the conscious decision to break a law/rule that count in a companies view.
    I don't want to derail this thread, but there are many variables.
    The guy arrested for mowing his pavement lawn in level 5, he shouldn't qualify for an interview? We all know the lockdown rules were BS, so why exacerbate the government crap? Unless it's legitimate. Context is important.

We do crim checks after a successful interview. No criminal record in finance makes sense, if it's finance related. We've employed a lady in finance with a criminal record (assault charge stuck when domestic violence/self defense situation went bad). She isn't allowed to use scissors in the office, otherwise she's a wonderful lady.

But sure, sometimes corporates get stuck "following the rules", even though they make no sense.

User

All that said, I would not risk it. I had to cancel a trip which was planned for the week after the 14 day period of the new regs. Just not worth it in my opinion.
    Do the cost vs benefit analysis for yourself. I think the majority would consider hunting as "leisure".

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast