Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    User

Default Re: Hunting under Lockdown Level 4

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    Regrettably it does not work that way. Alot of companies policies will be not to hire anyone with criminal record. Especially in finance. So at start of process your CV will be rejected on these grounds. There are so many in job market. There is no time to investigate the nature of your record.
    That's the key. Its a process variable and no-one downstream (e.g. employment agent HR, etc) is going to be assed to look into the detail of you conviction. Even if they were the odds of them going to bat for you are FA cos they can just push someone else forward with no risk to themselves. There's a guy I know in a data engineering role at an investment bank with a 1 of 1 kind of skillset. He has a record that he picked up over 30 years ago. His boss had to motivate for him all the way up to the CEO. Not often will that happen.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Peppa View Post
    Hi All

I need clarification please as some colleagues are saying that hunting is not deemed as leisure and I may cross the Gauteng borders and others are of the opinion that it is leisure.

I have made bookings this weekend and need to find out if I am "legally" permitted to cross the Gauteng borders to go hunting.

Thanks in Advance
    If you live in Gauteng, please stay in your box!
    Gauteng is leading the charge in the 3rd wave and anyone even considering moving out of is being selfish.
    During the last 2 waves, most the people from the reef flooded into the small coastal towns, bring the virus with them. I hope that the same does not happen again.

During the 2nd wave and the December holiday, most the country went about their merry way and we were deemed a hotspot and banned from beaches, socializing, booze, etc. Gauteng is a now a hotspot and entire country is punished!

Quote Originally Posted by oafpatroll View Post
    That's the key. Its a process variable and no-one downstream (e.g. employment agent HR, etc) is going to be assed to look into the detail of you conviction. Even if they were the odds of them going to bat for you are FA cos they can just push someone else forward with no risk to themselves. There's a guy I know in a data engineering role at an investment bank with a 1 of 1 kind of skillset. He has a record that he picked up over 30 years ago. His boss had to motivate for him all the way up to the CEO. Not often will that happen.
    Plus, if you want to work overseas, they have a box to check for criminal record. Sometimes a small place to write the details. The point is, your application is one of many, and the selection process will be to filter out, to get to a few candidates. A check on that box is an easy way to filter out

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User

Gauteng has been “locked down” for a reason. Yes hunting is considered a leisure activity. If you ain’t getting paid to do it, it’s not business related.

User

Ah, firearms owners, first to cry foul when their rights are being stepped on, like laws which limit them, first to sign the petition, and weirdly pretty much as quick to tell others to please obey the law, even if it is a horseshit law, like walking on the beach, places a virus cannot survive, or in the hunting field, a place the virus cannot survive.
    No signing a petition saying taxi’s should not be allowed to operate, or did any of you do that?

Nah, that is why I never locked down, never stopped hunting or fishing, once the commies have you under their control you quickly take on their ideology, the one about pointing fingers at others.
    Wear a mask, stay home, get a vaccine, obey, obey.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Messor View Post
    Ah, firearms owners, first to cry foul when their rights are being stepped on, like laws which limit them, first to sign the petition, and weirdly pretty much as quick to tell others to please obey the law, even if it is a horseshit law, like walking on the beach, places a virus cannot survive, or in the hunting field, a place the virus cannot survive.
    No signing a petition saying taxi’s should not be allowed to operate, or did any of you do that?

Nah, that is why I never locked down, never stopped hunting or fishing, once the commies have you under their control you quickly take on their ideology, the one about pointing fingers at others.
    Firearm owners also always first to shout from the rooftops about them being the most law abiding citizens around.

Where do you draw the line?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Bowhunter View Post
    Firearm owners also always first to shout from the rooftops about them being the most law abiding citizens around.

Where do you draw the line?
    That is the problem, the law abiding segment is the most useless segment in society, nobody fears them, especially not the commies.
    They can make just about every law they like, we will obey, why else did you see them throw the blanket ban of self defense firearms out there, they are just not scared of us, or the taking of land rights, like candy from a baby.
    Are any of you going to fight for your rights, go march, violent protesting, you know like the rest of the…good citizens, yes/no, nope.
    It’s the numero uno rule of africa, nice guys finish last.

So I’ll just do whatever I want to do, and enjoy my life, ignore the commies.
    People whom I want to hunt with have the right to do so, or refuse it, it’s their God given choice.
    Operators and venues should have the same right, life is about risk, if you fear the virus stay at home, double mask and order online, leave the rest to make their own choices.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Messor View Post
    It is not obey, obey, it is a decision, you decide what you want to do, I decide what I want to do.

And we live with our decisions and subsequent consequences.

User

Apologies, posted in the wrong thread, post removed...

User
    Right next to the pot that needs stirring.

Messor, have the hunters to keep you busy not arrived because of covid? Now you have time for some serious pondering on hand?

The flaw in your reasoning is that the commies are in control of the legal system already and should it so happen that they stop a hunter that decided to screw their rules and go on a leisure hunt the commies might confiscate his firearms and book him for all sorts of contraventions.

What you do out of eyesight is another story. But I am almost certain that you will not load some of your firearms, 4 of your friends in a Double Cab Bakkie without masks and travel after curfew into and out of Gauteng and when stopped all get out, whilst holding a bottle of booze and tell the officers on duty you are not going to adhere to their commie rules and they must go screw themselves as you will decide what is good for you ad your friends.

The cause was lost a long time ago.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast