Banned

Default Only when bush pig hunting

I have heard of some of the things I have been seeing, but seeing these kinda things ? ?
    bushpig by David Frank Allen, on Flickr

This rifle was not repaired "best can" in the bush, it arrived taped up. Yes he has two rifles, one jams a lot but "skiet lekker" the other shoots somewhere in direction you aiming but is really reliable.

Default Re: Only when bush pig hunting

The people and characters you meet at regular bush pig hunting events makes for interesting conversation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned

The male strength, fitness and sheer determination is astounding to witness.

User

Nothing holds a stock together better than a bit of loosely wrapped duct tape.

Quote Originally Posted by treeman View Post
    The male strength, fitness and sheer determination is astounding to witness.
    The GPS collars we used on the dogs would track 50km for a day hunt. And the dogs were accompanied by a few good men all the way. The dog do cover more km's with back and forth.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 264WinMag View Post
    The GPS collars we used on the dogs would track 50km for a day hunt. And the dogs were accompanied by a few good men all the way. The dog do cover more km's with back and forth.
    Yes unless you witness it, it is difficult to describe the hardcore fitness of some of these guys. The crazy frame of mind when they see the pig is just short of a madness. I fly ahead in the point and go bakkie get to a ambush setting, only to find some maar gat with a smoke hanging corner of his mouth come swearing and shouting across my field of view. "kloof toe kloof toe!" - up hills down mountains and through water, I am still taking my shoes and pants off when "maar gat" hits the water like escaping crocodile. 10 second later I hear about fkkn nat naai blikksemse bang hond as he come back grabs two dogs cross's back again. "Jy moet kloof toe fok, wat daai blikksemse bang hond saam"

When the pig is put up, these guys really change.
    When the pig is put up, these guys really have no knowledge of limitations.

Cody is just like "joooo dad did you see how cross that man was with the pig". "Can I tell mom what he said? I wont say the bad words, can I ?"

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by WoodsieEC View Post
    Nothing holds a stock together better than a bit of loosely wrapped duct tape.
    care to elaborate?

User

As far as bushpig rifles go, that Sako is basically in pristine condition...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TStone View Post
    As far as bushpig rifles go, that Sako is basically in pristine condition...
    I have never seen a P14 - its bush Pig hunting, it MUST be a .303, so that MUST be a P14 303.
    Squirrels live in trees that animal is in a tree, it MUST be a squirrel.