Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default Dog training collars

Good evening

Does anyone have dog training collars that they have no use for any more...the shock variety, I have 2 GSP's that we want to train as tracking dogs, and anyone who knows these dogs....their ears close when they are in the veld.

Any help or advice would also be greatly appreciated...

Default Re: Dog training collars

Get some help from people who know what they're doing. There are many people around Pretoria. These collars are very effective, but can do more harm than good if you don't know what you're doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Springer View Post
    Get some help from people who know what they're doing. There are many people around Pretoria. These collars are very effective, but can do more harm than good if you don't know what you're doing.
    Agree entirely.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

User

Thanks guys, can you recommend anyone

Quote Originally Posted by Old Smelly View Post
    Thanks guys, can you recommend anyone
    Get hold of the guys at SAFTC or contact Slang Viljoen he can help you.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Springer View Post
    Get hold of the guys at SAFTC or contact Slang Viljoen he can help you.
    If you think you need a shock collar to train a dog, Slang is not your guy...

Sent from my SM-A307FN using Tapatalk

User

And so there is no confusion, I consider him to be one of the best gundog trainers.

Quote Originally Posted by johannvdg View Post
    If you think you need a shock collar to train a dog, Slang is not your guy...

Slang won't train with collars, but he'll connect the OP to people who can help him - which was his request. Slang is not averse to e-collars. He like me, is averse to people using them because they think it's a magic pill. He will at least point them in the right direction and open their frame of reference and prevent someone from ruining a dog.

Quote Originally Posted by johannvdg View Post
    And so there is no confusion, I consider him to be one of the best gundog trainers.

Yes, he's done OK.

User

Hi Guys, thanks for the help, I also am not keen on the collars its just that these GSP's have only one speed and that's full speed, I have also noted that there is a training school out at Boavida, i will give SAVHDA a call. The original intention when we got these two monsters were pets, however the hunting instinct has kicked in in the female and I would like to pursue that. They are fantastic dogs, super intelligent, great watchdogs and hyper active...they have certainly crept into our families hearts.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Smelly View Post
    Hi Guys, thanks for the help, I also am not keen on the collars its just that these GSP's have only one speed and that's full speed, I have also noted that there is a training school out at Boavida, i will give SAVHDA a call. The original intention when we got these two monsters were pets, however the hunting instinct has kicked in in the female and I would like to pursue that. They are fantastic dogs, super intelligent, great watchdogs and hyper active...they have certainly crept into our families hearts.
    They will certainly do that, and the problem you're experiencing is certainly not unusual. Get in touch with Slang he will will get you started and help you get in touch with people who can add value.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast