Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    User

Default App waiting period

Good day. I submitted .22 APP the 9APR 2021. I have no sms that they received in CFR.

User

Quote Originally Posted by HowaMan View Post
    Good day. I submitted .22 APP the 9APR 2021. I have no sms that they received in CFR.
    SMS system is a hit and miss just try to trak it on the app(or saps web site ) using your serial number and id.

User

Default Re: App waiting period

I did but doesn't pick it up on the system yet.

User

Quote Originally Posted by HowaMan View Post
    I did but doesn't pick it up on the system yet.
    Then it’s quite possible the DFO hasn’t captured yet. I submitted an app end May 2021, I also haven’t received an sms when it was eventually captured mid June. I found the ref number by searching using my ID and serial number.

Tip: if your serial number contains a “-“, replace it with “/“

Same problem here. I submitted 2 apps on 7th of May. Not on the system yet..

User

Gbyleveldt is correct - your application has not yet been captured. I had the same issue. Handed in middle March, only shown on SAPS/app beginning of June when they captured.

User

Howaman, without the SMS how did you check on the system? Did you go and get your reference number directly from your DFO?

U can check using your ID number plus firearm serial number

User

Yes, thanks.
    I ask as I never received an sms so had no reference number. Not having applied for a license since about the late 1990’s, I had no idea how the new legislation worked.
    I ended up assuming the SAPS 86 number was my reference number - yes, I know. I’m a doos. 😞
    Anyway, if it wasn’t for these forums on Gunsite I’d still be clueless so, thanks. 👍

Phone 012 353-6111 and check.

I applied 28 April, Only went to CFR from CPT in June Truck. And showing Sent to licensing on 11 June 2021.

My friend applied 1 week before me. At another SAPS station by us. He phoned them about 2 weeks ago. DFO said not processed yet. As they needed to do Amnesty apps first. So his after 2 months still at local station.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast