Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    User

Default Re: App waiting period

I'm in week 15 now and still know news about my .22 application I asked my local SAPS station to check when I was their to collect my shotgun license. He said he was to busy��������. So I asked another SAPS station and still not on the system yet.

User

I had a similar experience to those above…

After 2x TC to my DFO and, thereafter in desperation, a sternly worded email, I eventually received my ref no for a new licence application I had actually submitted to my DFO on 13th April 2021 (it was eventually loaded on 25th June)!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

On the, probably flawed, assumption that SAPS actually tries to process these applications their results are about as impressive as their efforts to slow down the looting and infrastructure destruction.

User

Quote Originally Posted by oafpatroll View Post
    On the, probably flawed, assumption that SAPS actually tries to process these applications their results are about as impressive as their efforts to slow down the looting and infrastructure destruction.
    same here i called my dfo yesterday regarding my licence card and i was told hes now working on the street to stop the looting

User

Quote Originally Posted by ciltam View Post
    same here i called my dfo yesterday regarding my licence card and i was told hes now working on the street to stop the looting
    That at least make sense, one more policeman on the street rather than shuffling useless paper work around.

User

Phoned CRF this morning and 15 min later its still not capture yet.

User

Quote Originally Posted by oafpatroll View Post
    That at least make sense, one more policeman on the street rather than shuffling useless paper work around.
    he told me he will only start collecting cards from August .

waiting for cards is a worst nightmare one could ever imagine

DFO here says they have hardly captured anything recently because they were told some time ago not to deliver new apps to Gauteng Provincial because they are still swamped with amnesty apps which have to be completed first.
    The DFO still goes weekly to fetch cards, but does not take apps.
    Mine took 2,5 months to be captured, but is waiting in the pile to go to Gauteng Provincial for 1,5 Months now

User

I really don’t understand this process anymore.
    I know there is Covid and amnesty and lack of staff and and and….
    But how many apps can a person capture and process in a day/week/month?

Regardless of the news articles, tv coverage, ministers interventions things seem to be getting worse, not better.

Any private organization would have resolved the backlog within 4 months, would have temporary fixes in place and a plan for long term efficiency. Government departments can stuff around for years without ever having to look for a solution.
    Give firearms to home affairs - they are substantially better, more organized and faster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Applied 27 May. Still not captured.

Normally our DFO is on the ball and captures and does safe inspection in the same week.

This theory that they aren't capturing because of the backlog at CFR might be true.

Will be applying for another in about a month as well. So let's see.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast