Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Glock 4.5

User

Default Glock 4.5

Hi guys!

This is a range toy:-)

As the title states, I converted my G17G4 to a G17G4.5; it has a G4 upper and a complete G5 trigger system. The trigger is smoother with a positive and definitely shorter reset.

Function tested at the range over the weekend and I really enjoyed it.

Default Re: Glock 4.5

Quote Originally Posted by jiggajono View Post
    Hi guys!

This is a range toy:-)

As the title states, I converted my G17G4 to a G17G4.5; it has a G4 upper and a complete G5 trigger system. The trigger is smoother with a positive and definitely shorter reset.

Function tested at the range over the weekend and I really enjoyed it.
    Interesting... did the G5 trigger system require "fitting" or just a simple parts swap?

Also ,what about the plunger safety? Are the G4 and G5 dimensions the same even though the design is different?

User

The only change to the slide is a G5 back plate. No other changes were required.

G5 trigger shoe is narrower at the top only for the dual slide release but this is negligible because the slide cut-out for the trigger shoe and trigger pin hold it in place. Sideways movement is minimal with G4 or G5 trigger shoe.

Lastly, all drop-in OEM parts. Less than 5 minutes.

Changes in the frame were the G5 trigger bar and trigger housing.

The only change to the slide is a G5 back plate. No other changes were required.

G5 trigger shoe is narrower at the top only for the dual slide release but this is negligible because the slide cut-out for the trigger shoe and trigger pin hold it in place. Sideways movement is minimal with G4 or G5 trigger shoe.

Lastly, all drop-in OEM parts. Less than 5 minutes.

Changes in the frame were the G5 trigger bar and trigger housing.
    Lekka

User

Was the Gen 4 stock or did it have the usual mods (Gen 3 trigger bar + 2kg connector) ?

User

Gen 4 had a Gen 3 trigger bar, with "-" connector and 25 cents lightly polished trigger job.

Gen 5 trigger set up is also lightly polished with same "-" connector.

This is very interesting. Any chance of some pics?

If you swap the gen 5 trigger shoe for a gen 3/4 you'll also close the gap.

User

Follow up on Glock 4.5:

Proceeded to convert my G19G4 and G22G4 as well. Very happy with results. Run about 1000 rounds of factory range ammo with zero issues.

Tried uploading pictures but they exceed the size limit. The G5 trigger shoe is only narrower inside of the frame near the locking block but the cut out for the trigger shoe in the frame more or less equals the width of the trigger shoe.

User

Follow up on Glock 4.5:

Proceeded to convert my G19G4 and G22G4 as well. Very happy with results. Run about 1000 rounds of factory range ammo with zero issues.

Tried uploading pictures but they exceed the size limit. The G5 trigger shoe is only narrower inside of the frame near the locking block but the cut out for the trigger shoe in the frame more or less equals the width of the trigger shoe.
    Change the pixels, not the size.

User

Ive pondered this a lot, and while ive made my G4 trigger better with a Overwatch shoe and bar and removing all the pre travel out by modding the ejector housing, im still convince the best way is just to pay the money and get a timney trigger system. What that does is amazing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast