Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Default Re: Silencer for 308

Quote Originally Posted by AndreVal View Post
    I went through this exercise earlier this year as the farm we hunted in May had a no silencer no hunt policy. Ended up getting the AimZonic Triton from OW. Was more expensive than the other options but was much lighter and only added 10cm to the length of my barrel. These 2 features was more important to me than recoil or sound reduction
    I fitted an Aimzonic one in 2018 to my Father in Law's .243. It brought the sound down significantly and recoil is now like a .22WMR. To say the least we both is chuffed.

User

Quote Originally Posted by AndreVal View Post
    I went through this exercise earlier this year as the farm we hunted in May had a no silencer no hunt policy. Ended up getting the AimZonic Triton from OW. Was more expensive than the other options but was much lighter and only added 10cm to the length of my barrel. These 2 features was more important to me than recoil or sound reduction
    I have been through three local ones before buying an ASE. Same reasons as you stated. In hindsight,I should have just bought it initially. The local ones with the same spec end up costing close to or the same as the imported high end models. For most people who shoot of a bakkie and don't walk and stalk the weight isn't really a factor though.

User

Default Re: Silencer for 308

I would have a look at the Recoil Reaper. They are made locally in George and have huge following in the Southern Cape. About as popular as a white Hilux bakkie.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2