Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: KZN Sitrep

User

Default Re: KZN Sitrep

I can not see how they would be able to get in to a firearm store in what I would assume daylight unless there is neglect from SAPS.
    I would also think this is an item that can be defended with lethal force.

User

Grocery stores in our area are sold out of pretty much all fresh goods. People are panic buying.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Toxxyc View Post
    Grocery stores in our area are sold out of pretty much all fresh goods. People are panic buying.
    I am on a Balito response Telegram group.

People are crying for basic stuff like food, nappies, etc. and they are obviously becoming scared and panicked. Some people are willing to trade or give people items in need even offering sleeping place.

Normal services and businesses are trying to do anything they can.

Its a proper shitstorm. I am trying to figure out if the protests are either getting better, worse or spreading but cannot make anything out from our media.

User

Oh, also seems the looters are starting to meet up at certain points. So this is a coordinated effort.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Meteor View Post
    I can not see how they would be able to get in to a firearm store in what I would assume daylight unless there is neglect from SAPS.
    I would also think this is an item that can be defended with lethal force.
    The huge safes these guns are stored in should give police ample time to respond. They cannot be easily opened like a normal door.

Quote Originally Posted by Vuurdoop View Post
    Saw a video of a totally destroyed Empangeni. a Small firearms dealer was also ransacked. From the video it would appear to be https://www.zululandsports.co.za/products
    The guns and ammo had already been relocated by the owner.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

User

Quote Originally Posted by PCfanatic View Post
    The huge safes these guns are stored in should give police ample time to respond. They cannot be easily opened like a normal door.
    It's not working out like that. The scale of looting is on a scale that is difficult to imagine.

SAPS are very thin on the ground and Metro police are much more present. But this just carries on, at the moment you just have to do what you have to do, tough choices.

User

Had a busy night last night. I was at a road block with some security guys, SAPS and metro passed a few times and game us their blessing. Most of the gunfire I've heard has been warning shots as opposed to two way battles. The crowds try their luck pushing up and then the guys in a line fire into the ground and they tend to scatter. I know there have been a few fatal shootings but nothing I've seen first hand. Had a car run our roadblock, hit a gumpole and go airborne for a second, almost took out two guys standing off to the side but luckily everyone was ok. trying to rest a bit now as its looking to be another busy night tonight. two nights ago they hijacked a TLB and used it to break in to a TOPS, that was before our community got organised. Last night was very encouraging to see how everyone pulled together

User

Last night was very encouraging to see how everyone pulled together

Okes got organised very quickly, going to be another long night though.

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast