Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Default GOSA legal counsel and getting firearms back

Good evening, does anyone know what services the legal counsel that GOSA uses offer? I remembered that they helped chase up with applications that dragged on needlessly and appeals, but is there any option to get assistance on getting a pistol back from ballistic testing? I had to give it in last year beginning March, but there's been no movement in returning it to me. The detective assisting me has been incredibly professional, but I'm starting to get the idea that this is going to be one of those "unless you nudge them it's going to take a few years" type of situation.

Also as a sidenote, has anyone who applied under amnesty gotten their new license and firearm back yet?

User

Default Re: GOSA legal counsel and getting firearms back

Yes, people have got guns back.

Email them and ask? Issueswithcfr@gmail.com

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk

User

So as an update GOSA told me to rather log a complaint, as legal proceedings would be expensive and just as time-consuming. I sent the e-mail and was told to speak with the DFO. I spoke with the DFO and he said the testing should take 3-6 months, but that its the detective's responsibility to follow up. I went to go speak with the detective this morning, and she has someone else who's waited 2.5 years to get their firearm back. Absolute madness. Does anyone have any suggestions?

User

Start complaining up the chain of command. Go to station commander and then nodal points and so on. Try and mail the police portfolio committee also. But even then i think you are in for a looong wait.

Well just because they are very professional when you talk to them does not mean they are actually doing what they are suppose to.

Also I believe Martin Hood is the correct person should you wish to get some legal muscle on the case

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

VNI, if I can ask you... who did you speak to at GOSA and what were their specific responses?
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

User

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    VNI, if I can ask you... who did you speak to at GOSA and what were their specific responses?

I've sent you a separate DM with a link.

To clarify, I squeezed down 5 pages worth of e-mail correspondence sent over a week down to one sentence. The conversation wasn't as curt. The legal counsel I spoke with was very helpful and I appreciate GOSA's help.

User

Quote Originally Posted by SJB View Post
    Start complaining up the chain of command. Go to station commander and then nodal points and so on. Try and mail the police portfolio committee also. But even then i think you are in for a looong wait.
    I think that may be a required step. Problem is that no one at the station reception even picks up the phone. But I'm going to look into that thank you.

User

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    Well just because they are very professional when you talk to them does not mean they are actually doing what they are suppose to.

Also I believe Martin Hood is the correct person should you wish to get some legal muscle on the case
    I'll give people the benefit of the doubt, but yes, if one person tells me the ballistic testing takes 3-6 months, and I've been waiting for 18 months without any progress, someone's not being truthful.

VNI- Ballistics not really operational properly as far as I can gather. It seems one of the licenses that expired and SAPS dont want to pay for affects ballistics quite a bit.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast