Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Default Re: GOSA legal counsel and getting firearms back

The detective did mention after the fact that the ballistics department had run out of funding last year. So they cock it up, but we get the shaft.

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Quote Originally Posted by VNI View Post
    The detective did mention after the fact that the ballistics department had run out of funding last year. So they cock it up, but we get the shaft.
    You literally can't make this shit up.
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

User

As an update - the detective promised me about April to June. There are folks apparently waiting since 2019 for firearms to be returned from the ballistic testing department. I genuinely do believe the problem isn't on the station side, but ballistics being completely flunked out. Has anyone else had a similar experience in waiting on getting a weapon back?

My main concern is that the weapon hasn't been oiled since they took it i.e. two damn years. Or possibly they may have destroyed it. Either way, my patience is running out.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    You literally can't make this shit up.
    Ain't that he truth. We live in a tragicomic farce with real world consequences.

Banned

Place a drum of water outside at the police station. Fire 3 shots into it and the police retrieve the bullets, place them in a plastic bag, sealed container, whatever and correctly identify them. Send them to ballistics and they can then spend their time checking on them. Leaves you with the firearm. How uncomplicated is that. If you are guilty of misuse then they can come and collect you.

User

Quote Originally Posted by driepootx View Post
    Place a drum of water outside at the police station. Fire 3 shots into it and the police retrieve the bullets, place them in a plastic bag, sealed container, whatever and correctly identify them. Send them to ballistics and they can then spend their time checking on them. Leaves you with the firearm. How uncomplicated is that. If you are guilty of misuse then they can come and collect you.
    But, but , but that's applying logic to the problem. You can't do that!

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Quote Originally Posted by driepootx View Post
    Yeah. Firing multiple shots with an assortment of weapons outside every police station... I can't see anything wrong with that at all. I mean, what could possibly go wrong?
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

User

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Yeah. Firing multiple shots with an assortment of weapons outside every police station... I can't see anything wrong with that at all. I mean, what could possibly go wrong?
    It would at least serve to wake some of the occupants of the police stations up from time to time.

User

Quote Originally Posted by VNI View Post
    As an update - the detective promised me about April to June. There are folks apparently waiting since 2019 for firearms to be returned from the ballistic testing department. I genuinely do believe the problem isn't on the station side, but ballistics being completely flunked out. Has anyone else had a similar experience in waiting on getting a weapon back?

My main concern is that the weapon hasn't been oiled since they took it i.e. two damn years. Or possibly they may have destroyed it. Either way, my patience is running out.
    Maybe the criminal they rented your gun out to has not returned it yet? Who knows...

User

Quote Originally Posted by A-R View Post
    Maybe the criminal they rented your gun out to has not returned it yet? Who knows...
    Let's then hope they seized a few cans of Ballistol for testing the same day as my pistol.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast