Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    User

Default Re: Larger Firearm Safe

Before and after of the door.
    Didnt take any befores of the housing though

Sent from my Samsung S21+ using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by Bl4d3 View Post
    I'm contemplating not doing the interior purely because I might not have enough paint.
    My favorite safe upgrade was painting the inside white.
    It makes a massive difference to light and finisng stuff inside. Well worth buying a small tin of white IMHO

User

Quote Originally Posted by DstUrges View Post
    It makes a massive difference to light and finisng stuff inside. Well worth buying a small tin of white IMHO
    I can concur. Painted the inside of my safe white as well and it makes a big difference.

User

Quote Originally Posted by DstUrges View Post
    I will definitely considering painting the inside white after I've lined the safe with wood.
    I've always been hesitant of white due to how dirt and grim shows up in it. Then again, a safe isnt supposed to be aesthetically pleasing, its supposed to secure your goods.

Later this evening I'll be painting the inside of the safe door as well as the front of the safe and the last side.

The paintjob actually came out quite nice, not as I expected but still good

User

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    Ive found Hammerite Hammered in tin works best. To get Hammered finish. But use a roller. A sponge type and lay it on thin first coat. 2nd coat thick and you will get pattern.
    I second this advice. Got better more consistent results like that than by spraying.

Quote Originally Posted by holdingthezero View Post
    I can concur. Painted the inside of my safe white as well and it makes a big difference.
    What type of paint did you use?

User

Quote Originally Posted by SoldierMan View Post
    What type of paint did you use?
    I used the Rust-oleum High Gloss white spray paint. Cleaned, then keyed the original paint with 120grit, cleaned again and then painted. Didn't go too overboard with the prep and the paint is holding up fine.

User

So just an update. I've lined the interior with wood so I can add shelves. I decided to not paint the interior for now.

I was reading through the SABS standard for B2 safes and noticed that the door isn't 100% compliant because of the hinge side of the door.
    It requires either 3 x 20mm pins spaced not more than 500mm apart or a angled flat bar that covers 90% of the door, so as to prevent the door from opening if the hinges are cut.
    It only has a bar covering about 60% of the door.

So I went to Brackenfell Steel and had to buy 3 meters of 20mm rod so I can cut off 3 x 2.5cm pieces. I am having them welded on this week.

Now I sit with 2.9 meters of 20mm rod, with nothing to do with it. Anybody keen on buying it?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3