Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: ar15 sling

User

Default Re: ar15 sling

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBloodedHoodlum View Post
    He cannot, as a civilian, man a checkpoint with his AR15 out in the open
    But people did, lots of people did, thats why we still a democracy today and why the violent unrest got stopped

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBloodedHoodlum View Post
    Reality check. This is not America.

He cannot, as a civilian, man a checkpoint with his AR15 out in the open
    Last I checked your authorities called you the citizens to help because they are outmanned and outgunned... But this has nothing to do with the sling selection. Everybody knows, the good people of this forum, the authorities and their neighbours and grandparents that the people discussing here are mostly able and willing to defend their lives and stand for the values RSA is supposed to be built on, even with using either threat of or actual deadly force helping the authorities with their duties when their resources have been depleted. So I don't find this kind of discussion harmful.

On checkpoint Id' go either way, but to my experience a three point sling is the kak at checkpoint duty. Very unorthodox view in 2021AD, I know, but it calls for understanding of the mechanics of the said sling type and not listening to nay-sayers who don't know how to utilize this piece of kit. I wouldn't get me one and go pull security while trying to figure out how it actually works...

User

I'll leave this here.
    .gov praised the citizens the one day, then started to turn on them the next.

What I'm saying is we do what we have to do. Don't go broadcasting it

I'll leave this piece here by Martin Hood.
    Peace out.

Evening Everybody I'm back after a serious bout of covid. It
    happened during a tumultuous week and I was forced to listen and watch but was unable to respond to events.
    In retrospect I think my forced inactivity has enabled me to develop a different perspective on this weeks events .
    I started reading Rev Frank Chikane's "Eight days In September " whilst in bed. He emphasised the ANC is a revolutionary organisation .

His book is all about how the ANC ignored the constitution in 2008 in ousting then President Mbeki. Point one : you simply must not believe any statements by government that they respect the constitution , no matter how warm and fuzzy it may make you feel.

We have had five Natcom's come and go under clouds of controversy including one who was imprisoned for corruption and one who was fired by Zuma for corruption and is now minister of police. We have had two president's recalled because of internal power struggles that continue to this day.

We have one ex president in jail and an insurrection that may continue when the Concourt rules on his court application.
    What did our current President say about events? We were caught unprepared . What does this mean ? To me it means that this government had not yet been able to consolidate it's power base where all opposition could be controlled or crushed. This brings me to my next point.

Many organisations and individuals have hailed the community responses in protecting themselves as a successful demonstration of our right to self defence or protection and the need to own firearms and that this must mean the firearms control act amendment bill must surely fail. Never have such statements been so wrong: what happened was the last thing government wanted and it was everything they fear : an activist and armed population standing up to lawlessness when government failed them.

All this did was demonstrate to this government that they have not cowed and disarmed us yet and they will redouble their efforts to disarm us and disempower us .

I have read , seen and heard many good , penetrating analyses of the amendment bill which , in a logical and structured world based on sound commercial , social and developmental grounds would ordinarily mean the bill would be killed off now as irrelevant .

If we lived in such a world we would have a minister of police who would know that his ministry controls the import and movement of all legally imported ammunition and who owns it. He doesn't know this so we cannot expect the amendment bill will be withdrawn. We have rubbed governments nose in our self sufficiency and they do not like it. The very fact that police now seem to be targeting communities who protected themselves with firearms does not bode well.

We can have all the logical arguments and fact that discredits the amendment bill but that alone will not work. If we complacently sit by the National Democratic revolution will be here before you can reach for your non existent self defence firearm in the house that you no longer own because it has been nationalised.

Do not become complacent.

Matin hood

User

Where did you find this piece?

User

Quote Originally Posted by AK-Gunner View Post

On checkpoint Id' go either way, but to my experience a three point sling is the kak at checkpoint duty. ...
    Sorry AK. The direct from enlish translation doesn't quite work. Calling it "kak" usually means it is the worst ever. Yet, judging by the rest of the paragraph it could be the best ever?

Can you clarify for me please.

User

Quote Originally Posted by janfred View Post
    Where did you find this piece?
    Posted by Martin on his Facebook page

User

Quote Originally Posted by janfred View Post
    Sorry AK. The direct from enlish translation doesn't quite work. Calling it "kak" usually means it is the worst ever. Yet, judging by the rest of the paragraph it could be the best ever?

Can you clarify for me please.
    Sure: "is the shit" is the idiom, i.e. the best you can have.

User

Getting back to slings.

I have several and I have tried several.

My go-to sling now is a Magpul 2 point that can be converted on the fly to 1 point.

The brand is not important. There are several but they work differently.

I prefer one that can be converted to and fro one handed and quickly.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3