Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: CZ P07

User

Default Re: CZ P07

As some others have stated. The P07 is a solid gun.
    For an actual EDC gun however the P10 has a smoother less cluttered with protuberances outside.
    To holster after a shooting (Pumping adrenaline) the P07 should be de-cocked and snot picker must be outside the trigger guard. With the P10 you only have to worry about the snot picker; no de-cocking needed.

For the money a set of proper sights on a gun is worth more in a gunfight than a threaded barrel or cool ceracote job.
    Combine good sights with money spent on lots of training ammo and it is worth exponentially more than threaded barrels or funny colours.

Having said that, I have to admit I like the P07. I managed to carry a full size Z88 for years and often did so concealed. A P07 would have been easier. Many people manage to get along with hammer guns as EDC tools. It can be done. But whatever you get, get it sooner rather than later.

User

Just to add my voice to the echo chamber, rather go for the simpler more comfortable striker fired option (P10C)! You don't have to concern yourself with worrying about both double and single action, decocking etc and you don't have the sharp tang on the PO7 digging into you!

WRT the threaded barrel, if I was to go back and give myself advice it would have been to straight up buy an optics ready gun, obviously providing one can afford it! Instead of spending the extra cash on a threaded barrel for "looks" rather get the OR model for the same price and invest in a quality RDS (you can even do this at a later stage, but you will have the option available to you), you will honestly thank yourself later! RDS's on handguns are the way forward, they're an absolute game changer! My one gripe about Glocks vs CZs is that CZ's optic ready models come with suppressor height BUIS which is a big bonus (saving)!

User

The P07 is the first hammer fired pistol I've ever owned. I was a Glock advocate through and through. The P07 has had many of its cons mentioned, all of which I agree with. But, there are very few guns that shoot as well as a P07 with a full CGW kit installed. I carry my P07 often, without issue. Just keep a solid maintenance schedule and it shouldn't let you down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by tomtom View Post
    The P07 is the first hammer fired pistol I've ever owned. I was a Glock advocate through and through. The P07 has had many of its cons mentioned, all of which I agree with. But, there are very few guns that shoot as well as a P07 with a full CGW kit installed. I carry my P07 often, without issue. Just keep a solid maintenance schedule and it shouldn't let you down.

"solid maintenance schedule" ....

and then I remember why I love glocks....

Sent from my Hisense Infinity H40 using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by Karoobow View Post

Sent from my Hisense Infinity H40 using Tapatalk
    Are you under the impression that Glock Pistols do not require maintenance?
    You are wrong…

User

Obtaining a silencer and getting the gun to function reliably (especially one which is short recoil, locked breach) is quite a challenge. It must most likely be fitted with a Nielsen device and can be really expensive.
    My suggestion would also be to go for the standard P07 and spend the extra money on a decent Kydex holster, extra mags, night sights and decent factory hollow point ammo.
    The P07 is a good, solid gun.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Karoobow View Post

Here we go again.. there's always one...

For the record, in 2019 I shot my P09 (same internals) for probably 6 months at Tac Shac matches and eventually one day reminded myself to clean it. Never had any issues, running PF 127 rounds through it..

User

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceOfficer View Post
    Would suggest you consider a striker fired as opposed to the hammer fired.

If you're sold on the CZ, then get one of the P10 models.

The hammer bites into your side (esp if you're carrying more flesh to love), and it eats into clothing fast. Also, it has a tendency to show or hang up on clothing more often than not.

From what I've seen very few people practice with controlling the double action first shot. On a bad day your first shot might be your last shot.

Use it, don't use it.

100 percent correct. The DA is a monster to get used to

User

Quote Originally Posted by GAZZAMCK View Post
    Coming from shooting Glock in comps for a couple of years, bought a CZ, Production Gun, I sometimes reset my finger before the double action even went off Work in progress, but thats a 10 pound spring (if I remember correctly), I wouldnt want that soft of a double action pull on a carry gun

Quote Originally Posted by GAZZAMCK View Post
    Just shoot revolvers for a few years. Makes pistol DA a breeze to control perfectly

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast