Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: CZ P07

User

Default Re: CZ P07

I would also take the P10c or the G19 over a P07. Don't get me wrong its a fine shooting gun, but for EDC the previously mentioned options are more comfortble and just as reliable. I know a lot of people who sold their P07's to get a G19. I don't know anyone who sold their G19 to get a P07. That should tell you something.

User

I carry a P07 and chose it as my EDC when the Gen 1 came out as I have > 30 years of experience on it's SA/DA predecessors. Were it not for that I would have picked a G19 without too much need for second thoughts given that the P10 wasn't around then. Despite being a CZ admirer I can't see much reason for getting a P10 over a Glock given that they are functionally very similar and that the Glock is easier and cheaper to keep supplied with parts and accessories over its lifetime . . . .

UNLESS

. . . like me you have a little mountain of mags from your P07 that will fit a P10.

Greatly appreciate all the responses.
    Thank you

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Hi guys. I'm in a similar situation as the OP, my competency is finally approved. I've somewhat made up my mind on a P07 Gen 2. I've shot 2 of them so far and im happy.

My question is what's the difference between the gen 1 and gen 2? How can the difference be identified? And what's the difference between the two with regards to the price? Also i see some advertised as 'duty' what does it mean and is it the gen 1 or 2?

Your advice is appreciated.

User

Gen 1 has a ring hammer and days Duty on the slide near the muzzle. Also lacks grip inserts.

Quote Originally Posted by KM02 View Post
    Hi guys. I'm in a similar situation as the OP, my competency is finally approved. I've somewhat made up my mind on a P07 Gen 2. I've shot 2 of them so far and im happy.

My question is what's the difference between the gen 1 and gen 2? How can the difference be identified? And what's the difference between the two with regards to the price? Also i see some advertised as 'duty' what does it mean and is it the gen 1 or 2?

Your advice is appreciated.
    Yep gen 1 is the duty model.

Gen 2 has front slide serrations and a pointed kind of hammer(not rounded)

User

I have the threaded version and carry AIWB with my slight boep. Not the most comfortable but it's comforting. The added length of the barrel makes no real difference in carrying, unless you add a comp on the front it will still be like carrying a P09 with shortened grip. I honestly thought the beaver tail would be the worst but that does not bother, rather the back sight is what digs into me when I sit. Have however noticed I slouch a lot less and tend to sit up more straight to compensate this. Look, I probably need to buy 7 more holster to try out, my holster drawer is still too empty. I also need to find the perfect fit on my waist, tend to move left and right depending on where the 1 o'clock loop sits.

Look the P07 is a wonderful EDC firearm and I love it to bits (have a G19X threaded as well which I love). I like the fact that it has a hammer I can put my thumb in while re-holstering, ability to look down the holster is limited for me so provides extra comfort.

What I have learned in my short 2 years of being interested in firearms is that there is no right answer for everyone and you learn as you go. Hence I have bought a P07 SA/DA, 19x striker and about to purchase a G43x.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3