View Poll Results: In a SHTF situation will you use 9mm CMJ reloads for self-defense?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

61 96.83%
  • No

2 3.17%
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default In a SHTF situation will you use 9mm CMJ reloads for self-defense?

In a SHTF situation will you use 9mm CMJ reloads for self-defense?

User

Default Re: In a SHTF situation will you use 9mm CMJ reloads for self-defense?

Assuming you mean that "if you had nothing else availble to you"...
    A whole lot better than nothing ... In my case if nothing else available it would be a .40S&W CMJ, at least they have a flat nose.

User

Quote Originally Posted by ludicer View Post
    In a SHTF situation will you use 9mm CMJ reloads for self-defense?
    Elaborate?
    In a self defense situation I will use the ammo which I carry, defensive rounds.

Thats a SHTF situation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

If you don't have anything better then yes, you use what you have.

Sent from my LM-V450 using Tapatalk

I'm not familiar with the price of HP bullets compared to CMJs but stockpiling HP ammo for a TEOTWAWKI scenario could prove costly. A CMJ in the head or chest is certainly better than nothing.

User

It would be better than speaking to attackers in a harsh/firm tone.

User

I'd use my own reloads. I would be less keen to use commercial reloads of at all possible.

User

If it is all that is at hand, a cmj bullet will still leave a fair amount of damage.

The only challenge is what the secondary backstop will be once the bullet has passed through.

The amount of damage obviously depends on the area of impact but they will definitely leave a mark and give someone second thoughts.

Maybe an unpopular opinion but I reckon a stockpile of rounds will have little use.

I think practically what you can fit into magazines and have in a grab bag is what you'll have when the SHTF. Thousands of rounds (and many many kilograms) of rounds at your home that's burning down have no use.

Lead is under-rated.

Soft lead on a soft target is very effective.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast