Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default License Approved but No Card Yet

Hi all,

So my license was approved by SAPS at the beginning of April this year, I went to see my DFO and was informed that it takes six weeks to “print” the card and they would call me when it’s ready for collection.

Over 4 months later and still nothing. Anyone else experiencing similar issues? Any advice?

User

Default Re: License Approved but No Card Yet

Quote Originally Posted by Chunks View Post
    Hi all,

So my license was approved by SAPS at the beginning of April this year, I went to see my DFO and was informed that it takes six weeks to “print” the card and they would call me when it’s ready for collection.

Over 4 months later and still nothing. Anyone else experiencing similar issues? Any advice?
    damn it am on 5 weeks now and still no card and am dyng to collect my toy

User

Quote Originally Posted by Chunks View Post
    Hi all,

Please remember to post an intro for your first post, before asking questions. My advice will be to go to your DFO again, the card might be there already, otherwise he needs to tell you why there isnt a card yet, and maybe you will have to request a reprint

User

Quote Originally Posted by Grawer View Post
    Please remember to post an intro for your first post, before asking questions. My advice will be to go to your DFO again, the card might be there already, otherwise he needs to tell you why there isnt a card yet, and maybe you will have to request a reprint
    just a quick question Grawer do they do reprint ?

User

Quote Originally Posted by ciltam View Post
    just a quick question Grawer do they do reprint ?
    Yes they do. You have to apply for it though

User

Your card could already be at the DFO or provincial office and the DFO just wont go and collect. A friend of mine also waited about two months and when he went to the station the card was already there for about 4 weeks. the DFO just didn't call him to come and collect.

Quote Originally Posted by Grawer View Post
    My apologies, will post an intro shortly. Thank you for the advice.

Quote Originally Posted by SJB View Post
    Your card could already be at the DFO or provincial office and the DFO just wont go and collect. A friend of mine also waited about two months and when he went to the station the card was already there for about 4 weeks. the DFO just didn't call him to come and collect.
    Thanks, I’ll go check again… let’s hope it is there but I’m not sure if covid has delayed the printing process?

User

Give CFR a call. They are able to track the whereabouts of your card.

My card took 3 - 4 months to arrive after approval.

Banned

Chunks, remember that the SAPS computer system relies on people to do the input. Some DFO's do their work with pleasure and honor. They are often overworked, stressed and simply do not get so far as to call you. Others are there to fill a position, and you will probably not get a call from them either.

I have had licenses in my hand after x weeks or months without a single message or call from the SAPS.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast