Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Default Re: Clock 17 concealment

Quote Originally Posted by jager View Post
    If you have REALLY big hands, then maybe the 17 is the answer, but I almost guarantee that you will regret the weight and length when carrying it one hot summer day.
    Meh. If you ever get into a fight with a gun I will guarantee you that you will wish you had a 17 or a 19 rather than a 43.

For what its worth, I have a 43 too. It has a place, but I would not want it as my only gun.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

User

Quote Originally Posted by ror123 View Post
    The 26 is a lovely FA though and conceals well with the flat base plate, the +2 shoe pushes it up and close to a G19 grip size so might as well carry a 19. Try shooting it with the flat base plate as it isn't that bad at all and the power of the grip is in the middle fingers.
    I bought a 19 for my fiance and have quite a bit of trigger time on my 26, 17 and her 19. The problem lies with the short back strap. It is not really the grip with the pinky. Try to spend some time shooting a 19/17 and then switch to a 26 and then you most probably notice what I'm talking anout.

User

Just a shout out and a thank you for everyone who took the time to respond to my question, its appreciated.

Sent from my Hisense Infinity H40 using Tapatalk

User

Let me revive this old thread... I have been EDC carrying my G17 Gen 5 for almost a week now and I have no issues whatsoever... if my first week went without any hassles or issues I am certain that there wont be any issues in the future as well

I have zero regrets, I am so happy that I went with what I wanted.... and .....that I did not settle for the G19....

Concealment is a breeze.... (mostly because its winter) weapon is light weight and a pleasure to carry the WHOLE DAY LONG..... I opted for a simple,minimalistic IWB holster....carrying at 3 o clock position, sometimes ever so slighty adjusted due to working conditions and/or when seated in office chair....

I have not added a WML or an RMR yet....at this point I am enjoying the weapon "as is"....

Carry conditions might change when summer arrives, when less clothing is worn or when I add WML and red dot as it will be bulkier

Might not even add those, but I do love the option that the fire arm is ready to be fitted with it should I want to add

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by Karoobow View Post
    Let me revive this old thread... I have been EDC carrying my G17 Gen 5 for almost a week now and I have no issues whatsoever... if my first week went without any hassles or issues I am certain that there wont be any issues in the future as well

I have zero regrets, I am so happy that I went with what I wanted.... and .....that I did not settle for the G19....

Concealment is a breeze.... (mostly because its winter) weapon is light weight and a pleasure to carry the WHOLE DAY LONG..... I opted for a simple,minimalistic IWB holster....carrying at 3 o clock position, sometimes ever so slighty adjusted due to working conditions and/or when seated in office chair....

I have not added a WML or an RMR yet....at this point I am enjoying the weapon "as is"....

Carry conditions might change when summer arrives, when less clothing is worn or when I add WML and red dot as it will be bulkier

Might not even add those, but I do love the option that the fire arm is ready to be fitted with it should I want to add

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk
    Helps if you are in the bigger size category.

Good belt and holster makes all the difference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

I carried a CZ75 with two spare mags as my edc for more that a decade. Being bigger (195cm in my case) definitely helps with a duty sized pistol but I also think the quality of belt and holster are the most critical factor.

It's also finding the combination that works for you.

I had to replace the claw/wing (whichever your fancy) on my AIWB and found my Kellerman leather works better than my Kore. The Kore and new claw combination works too well and pushes out my slide/back sites.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Burner825 View Post
    It's also finding the combination that works for you.

I had to replace the claw/wing (whichever your fancy) on my AIWB and found my Kellerman leather works better than my Kore. The Kore and new claw combination works too well and pushes out my slide/back sites.
    If you mean it slides your site out of it's dovetail that's not a holster problem. Either it's a poor drift fit or it's lost a grub screw.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by oafpatroll View Post
    I carried a CZ75 with two spare mags as my edc for more that a decade. Being bigger (195cm in my case) definitely helps with a duty sized pistol but I also think the quality of belt and holster are the most critical factor.
    Plus a cz is much slimmer therefore making it easier to conceal

Quote Originally Posted by oafpatroll View Post
    If you mean it slides your site out of it's dovetail that's not a holster problem. Either it's a poor drift fit or it's lost a grub screw.
    Could have written that better.The claw works too much and twists the gun that the top of my slide pushed forward away from my belly,printing.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast