Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: Clock 17 concealment

You're deadset on carrying the G17. Look at the Phlster pro holster and the Enigma. It will enable you to conceal a bigger gun easier than a conventional belt and holster setup will. Its the next big thing in the conceal carry game.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

User

How big are you?

I used to edc a G17 for about 4 years and CZ P-09 for about 2. I am 6’4”and carry at a sort of 2:30 IWB but with the barrel canted to the rear. Almost like a semi appendix. You have to dress around it. But being big made it somewhat easier. If you are skinny it gets more difficult.

Very happy that I have the 19 now. Lighter, conceals easier. It still amazes me at how such small differences make a massive impact.

I have big hands, and the 19 did not fit so great. My pinkie did not fit onto the grip. I ended up undercutting the trigger guard and now its much better.

But yeah, you can edc a 17 if you adapt some elements.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

As someone who carries both a 19 and a 17, in Appendix with holsters that have claws, I say reconsider the 19 or even the 48. THe 17 is okay for baggy shirts or pattered button work shirts but I must be more careful just throwing something on to go to the store and in the movements I make. The 19 and the 48 are easier in every way. I do not feel undergunned and while the 17 is nicer to hold a defensive gun is on the body 1000x more than in your hand

User

It can most definitely be done. I carry a 17 MOS with a Vortex Viper and an O Light PL Pro in a Southwest Rattler holster (the one with the spare mag carrier). I have thus far not had any problems with concealment, and in terms of comfort, I'm muslim, meaning 5 times a day I do a lot of up and downs. Obviously it's not as comfortable as not carrying, but I do it with relative ease. I put my holster on in the morning, along with a Karambut and another 3 spare mags, and that stays with me throughout the day, literally until I get into bed at night. Also, I'm about 1.8m and wear a size 32-34 pants, if that means anything to you

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by atunguyd View Post
    It's a gun, not a dildo. How it feels in your hand means nothing.
    I have to agree, if it a purely your EDC gun get something you can conceal well and comfortable that you will carry daily.
    Maybe you have huge hands and the G19 grip is not enough and you require a G17 (legitimate situation), but just based on feel, eish .

User

I normally carry a G26 in a Quantum Carry Covert appendix RH holster, but the other day I tried my 17 in the same holster and it worked better than the 26. The 26 has the tendency to press into my RH thigh where the 17 fits nicely between your R nut and your thigh.

Grip length will be an issue but a good holster that has the ability to cant will assist.

Personally i prefer Reaper custom holsters, Reaper molded a AIWB with WML for my G20 print is not bad at all compared to holsters that has the grip running parallel with your belt... trust me a bit of cant really helps.

User

How much firearm experience do you have? The comment on the 19 and how it feels in the hand is possibly indicating a lesser experience. Guns don't have to feel comfortable to be shot well, provided you can reach the controls. And there is no difference in the controls between a 17 and 19.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Cockroach View Post
    How much firearm experience do you have? The comment on the 19 and how it feels in the hand is possibly indicating a lesser experience. Guns don't have to feel comfortable to be shot well, provided you can reach the controls. And there is no difference in the controls between a 17 and 19.
    Have done various courses and training over the years, close quarter,tactical etc
    i dont want to "train" myself to get used to the feeling of a 19...I have trained with 17s alot and I love the feel, the fullness in my hand and I just simply love the 17

Sent from my Hisense Infinity H40 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by atunguyd View Post
    It's a gun, not a dildo. How it feels in your hand means nothing.
    To be fair, how a dildo feels in the hand​ doesn't mean much either.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast