Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Default Re: Clock 17 concealment

Quote Originally Posted by SSP View Post
    I have a gen3 17 with a dot and a light.

I also have a gen5 19 with a compact light.

In real terms, I don't really find that there is much difference in carrying the two.

I find that the 17 stabilizes better in the belt because of the slightly longer slide. The extra grip length doesn't really make that much difference in concealment.

My 17 is the last pistol that I would sell, for what its worth. This is my third one.
    To add, if it were me I would get the 17gen 5, without the MOS plates. Get the gun milled. You will get a lower and far more secure mounting of the optic that you end up with.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

User

Quote Originally Posted by Karoobow View Post
    Have not handled the G45 yet, seems like a nice option...its about 1.2k more expensive than the G 17 (both MOS)

Sent from my Hisense Infinity H40 using Tapatalk
    The G45 is a very great choice, though I still miss my G19, but if you like how the G17 feels in your hand (Which is not the best criteria for a defensive handgun to begin with) then give the G45 a feel...

Oh and what SSP said about the MOS is very good advice.

Buy the standard one and get it milled when you choose to go DOT

User

Quote Originally Posted by Grobbie View Post
    The shorter barrel will help if you end up appendix.
    My experience is different. My EDC has always been a G19... In a G19 holster. And about 4 years ago I started carrying AIWB.

And then I shot a few Paladin matches with a full size G22 and a 17 using AIWB. And besides the grip that doesn't conceal as well (it sticks out almost past my hip) the longer slide guns were more secure and comfortable. So now I just carry my G19 in a G17 AIWB Daniels holster. And I do so 12 - 16 hours a day. No more back pain, no more gun but leaning forward and bottom of holster digging into my skin or moving around.

I have no plans to replace my worn G19 with another. My next EDC will be a 17 or a 22 chopped to a G19 length grip. To me that would be the ultimate AIWB carry setup.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Steven001 View Post
    The G45 is a very great choice, though I still miss my G19, but if you like how the G17 feels in your hand (Which is not the best criteria for a defensive handgun to begin with) then give the G45 a feel...

Oh and what SSP said about the MOS is very good advice.

Buy the standard one and get it milled when you choose to go DOT
    "How the G17 feels in your hand (which is not the best criteria for a defensive handgun)"

I believe I already met the criteria when I chose GLOCK .....lol

Please dont be nasty Glock haters lolz

Sent from my Hisense Infinity H40 using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by M43 View Post

I have no plans to replace my worn G19 with another. My next EDC will be a 17 or a 22 chopped to a G19 length grip. To me that would be the ultimate AIWB carry setup.
    I fully agree with you on chopping a 17 grip down to 19 size, it must be the best appendix gun which never officially came out of the Glock factory. If they release it, will it be called the G 17X? LoL

User

Quote Originally Posted by Vaal View Post
    I fully agree with you on chopping a 17 grip down to 19 size, it must be the best appendix gun which never officially came out of the Glock factory. If they release it, will it be called the G 17X? LoL
    We can hope... Or we can just buy a hacksaw...

But now that you mention it. My wife's official bought for the purpose EDC gun is a G26. But the double recoil spring is stiff, and she has arthritis... so her last few Paladin matches were shot with her G19 in my AIWB holster. And she found it more comfortable than her G26. (The shooting AND the carrying part...) So now she wants to get another 19 (17 would be too big for her, she is vertically challenged), and then she wants the 19 chopped to G26 grip length...

Glock marketing guys are you listening?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Cockroach View Post
    You owe me a keyboard
    And an iPad replacement this side.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sounds like your mind is made up, but I'll add a little point or 2.

How much time does your gun spend inside your belt, and how much in your hand? I say forget about hand feel, rather get some training and advice on the modern combat grip and any concerns about hand feel will go away. You get guys with frying pan size hands comfortably gripping and shooting the G26 and Sig P365

I have a G19, wish I went with G43 rather as an EDC. You can always license a bigger one later on S15 or S16.

If you have REALLY big hands, then maybe the 17 is the answer, but I almost guarantee that you will regret the weight and length when carrying it one hot summer day.

User

Quote Originally Posted by M43 View Post
    We can hope... Or we can just buy a hacksaw...

But now that you mention it. My wife's official bought for the purpose EDC gun is a G26. But the double recoil spring is stiff, and she has arthritis... so her last few Paladin matches were shot with her G19 in my AIWB holster. And she found it more comfortable than her G26. (The shooting AND the carrying part...) So now she wants to get another 19 (17 would be too big for her, she is vertically challenged), and then she wants the 19 chopped to G26 grip length...

Glock marketing guys are you listening?

I wear my 26 with a +2 shoe to give my pinky a resting space but I found that I have to compensate when shooting "instinctively" with the 26 as the bottom of back strap is pushing in the hollow part of my hand where my 17 or 19 press against the palm of my hand and thereby the gun points higher. I only carry the 26 because I gave it to my sister and she gave it back when she emigrated. Personally I wouldn't buy a 26 but rather a chopped 17 or a standard 19.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaal View Post
    I wear my 26 with a +2 shoe to give my pinky a resting space but I found that I have to compensate when shooting "instinctively" with the 26 as the bottom of back strap is pushing in the hollow part of my hand where my 17 or 19 press against the palm of my hand and thereby the gun points higher. I only carry the 26 because I gave it to my sister and she gave it back when she emigrated. Personally I wouldn't buy a 26 but rather a chopped 17 or a standard 19.
    The 26 is a lovely FA though and conceals well with the flat base plate, the +2 shoe pushes it up and close to a G19 grip size so might as well carry a 19. Try shooting it with the flat base plate as it isn't that bad at all and the power of the grip is in the middle fingers.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast