Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is It Too Late?

User

Default Is It Too Late?

I would like to apply for a firearm license. Am I too late or is this still a possibility taking into account the proposed ban in the pipeline?

TIA

User

Default Re: Is It Too Late?

What ban?

Get your competencies, buy your guns, apply for the licences.

User

There is still time, do it now or don't bother, the kzn thing was a good indicator of the social upheavals we are still facing and you certainly would be better off armed than not.

A prediction, get licensed, chances are the anc won't be around much longer and certainly not when that license is meant to expire. The more they push their ideological objectives, the quicker they hastened their departure from the scene.

Quote Originally Posted by GunOrNot View Post
    I would like to apply for a firearm license. Am I too late or is this still a possibility taking into account the proposed ban in the pipeline?

TIA
    It's up in the air right now.

Get your Proficiency and then Competency in the meantime.

We should have an idea by then.

If in doubt get a pistol under occasional or dedicated sport shooting status.

User

This the intention behind the "laws". Gov want to make it too long, too unclear, too difficult to apply for a licence.

They only succeed if you accept that reality that they are trying to create.

Don't delay, don't dawdle. Get the process started asap. Get your spouse, family, friends etc to join you.

Time spent thinking about getting it done is time wasted.

User

Quote Originally Posted by SoldierMan View Post
    If in doubt get a pistol under occasional or dedicated sport shooting status.
    We cannot claim to be the most law abiding segment of the population if we're acting in bad faith.

License your self-defence firearm under section 13.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceOfficer View Post
    We cannot claim to be the most law abiding segment of the population if we're acting in bad faith.

License your self-defence firearm under section 13.
    I usually wouldn't recommend that but given what we know, well....but yeah if you see how things play out concerning self defence then go Section 13.

User

I usually wouldn't recommend that but given what we know, well....but yeah if you see how things play out concerning self defence then go Section 13.
    It's bad advice all-round recommending to a first time owner to apply under OSS or DSS when the intended primary function is self-defence.

If SAPS want to make it difficult, then the changing section you're applying under is not really going to throw them off the trail.

User

Everything PeaceOfficer said above in addition to being a generally defeatist attitude...

It's not done in bad faith once you realize that any firearm which is licenced may be used for any lawful purpose, chances are good that you will use your occasional sport gun for occasionally shooting paper more often than defending yourself(which is allowed afaik).
    At least for meow.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast