Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: AMMO Shortage

Default Re: AMMO Shortage

Quote Originally Posted by Brennen View Post
    But that is the beauty of hand loading. For heavy range use the milder reloads extends revolver life. I started reloading too late & my revolver needs 'tuning' after each session these days. I just need to bite the bullet and send the piece in for a nice refurbishment, or just upgrade to a nice .44 Magnum piece. Because I feel like a punk. Lucky?

I am not an accurate gauge of recoil. To me, the recoil was nothing to write home about. I might change my mind in the years to come.
    If you can find anyone who'll do a good job on a rollie. Some gunsmithing jobs can be done by anyone with good handyman skills and a bit of nous. Jerry Kuhnhausen's S&W and Colt shop manuals are the last word.

Quote Originally Posted by Brennen View Post
    But that is the beauty of hand loading.
    Yeah, funny you should mention that. I didn't think anyone bought factory ammo, I though we all loaded our own. For me shortage of components is much more important than shortage of factory ammo.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Dick View Post
    If you can find anyone who'll do a good job on a rollie. Some gunsmithing jobs can be done by anyone with good handyman skills and a bit of nous. Jerry Kuhnhausen's S&W and Colt shop manuals are the last word.
    Thank you for the info. I don’t know how I missed this reply. I’ll give Jerry’s shop manual a go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by Dick View Post
    Yeah, funny you should mention that. I didn't think anyone bought factory ammo, I though we all loaded our own. For me shortage of components is much more important than shortage of factory ammo.
    I recently struggled to get hold of range bullets then I found a boat load of .38/.357 bullets at Shooting Stuff in Hennopspark, Centurion. Prices are decent as well. They deliver door-to-door nationwide as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4