Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Balistix Bullets Review and interesting observations.

I shoot GS Customs - Hornady V-Max and Sierra Game Kings through the .223 as the desire prevails, I always do one confirming shot before bullet change, makes no differance at all, always the same POI.
    I have how ever in the past noted that shooting one brand then another of conventional bullets will often need a settling shot or 5 if barrel is not cleaned. I have not found this when switching between mono and conventional - never.
    I at this time in my life believe a mono shoots where it shoots, uninfluenced by previous use.

User

Just an update, I took the Ballistix on another trip, and am still impressed with how well the 7mm 140gr work. I took a Zebra at 350m side on: bullet passed through 1 inch behind the shoulder bone on both sides. Perfect heart/double lung shot. The only bones hit were ribs. No bullet recovered. The Zebra, a massive stallion expired after a few meters and tumbled down the hill. I did not realize how big Zebra are, until we had to carry it out. I then took a Wildebeest cow at about 200m, shot in the chest, whilst walking towards me. The animal dropped within 20m. I think the bullet stopped in the stomach, and I decided it wasn't worth digging through the stomach contents to try find it. I also took a blesbok and a few springbok, and all animals dropped as expected.

Thumbs up to the guys at Ballistix, they make a good product.

User

This is great to hear. I just bought 180gr Balistix for a new 303Brit.

You carried out a zebra? That would be a job and a half!
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Skaaphaas View Post
    You carried out a zebra? That would be a job and a half!
    Ya, it took six of us to move it, with the guts out, on a stretcher. If one bloke didn't pull his weight, the donkey didn't move. On butchering it, I realised that is has almost twice the amount of meat of a wildebeest. Great bang for your buck if you want to fill the freezer. And it tastes great.

User

Nah, still not impressed, brother got some to play with, they still don't open up as much as I would prefer.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Messor View Post
    Nah, still not impressed, brother got some to play with, they still don't open up as much as I would prefer.
    I tend to agree. I might add that the deformation is also remarkably smooth and almost streamlined, no real ripping tearing cutting edge - just a smooth "riveted" appearance.

I am preparing to load these bullets in .303 for hunting, I have a suspicion they may open not so neatly roundly polished in appearance at lower speeds.
    We shall see later in the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Koekie Monster View Post
    This is great to hear. I just bought 180gr Balistix for a new 303Brit.
    I asked Balistix about a 150gr for 303, it may be available later 2023.

User

Bought 300 huntacts 6.5 124 grn for 6.5 prc as I have had good use in my 308.

Well the ogive measurements of the 280 remaining bullets is not consistent at all. Have 5-6 different measurements. Emailed balistix (chris and partner from web) and they have not bothered to even respond to my email. Sad to say the least...

SA manufacturers want support but the customer service is terrible and quality even worse.

Anybody else experience the same issue. Seems I now need to find a new bullet supplier for my 308, 6.5 prc, 303, 25-06 rifles..

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

User

I had awesome support from Aliwyn at Peregrine, when I struggled with the loads for my 9.3

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast