Default Always keep a copy of your application!

I submitted 2 applications on the 7th of May. One for a new firearm and another for an additional licence.

I asked on a few occasions for reference numbers and were told to be patient and wait for the elusive sms.

So today I was driving past my local cop shop and decided to pay them a visit. As I walk in the admin gents recognizes me and says they are at Bisho or PTA.

I say cool, give me reference numbers please so that I don't have to bother you again.

They only found the additional licence app. The new firearm app is non-existent and they cannot find the paperwork.

I was asked whether I have a copy and to please bring it in.

An hour later I was back and within 10 mins it was captured, promised to be on the truck to Provincial the next day, back dated to May and I received my sms.

How difficult was that...????

Always keep a copy of your documentation, even the payment receipt!

User

Default Re: Always keep a copy of your application!

Good advice. I have a 100% complete cloud archive of everything firearm related going back to before the FCA. Surrenders, applications, renewals, receipts etc. Quite sure my records on me are in better shape than theirs.

User

The wife's .303 application got lost 3 times and took 7 years to be finalised. She phoned so often that all the personnel at the DFO office knew her ID by heart.

Good times...

User

Quote Originally Posted by janfred View Post
    The wife's .303 application got lost 3 times and took 7 years to be finalised. She phoned so often that all the personnel at the DFO office knew her ID by heart.

Good times...
    That sounds like a record, 'congratulations' ;-).

The level of failure of the implementation of the FCA is hard to get your head around. I have in the past worked on the design and implementation of large scale business systems that support stuff that may be regarded as less critical than firearms record keeping and control and I've not seen a bigger fuckup in the 16 countries that I did that work in. Given how much money has been hosed its staggering.

User

Wouldn't you still need a 271 and a 350 forms from the dealer, you will also need to have a new set finger prints.

99% of my motivations and supporting documents are digitally stored anyways.

I also have a 271 form filled in with all my details that I take to the dealer to be completed.

I can reprint a up to date application quite easily if needed which would make a spare photo copied applications redundant.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk