Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Default Re: Namibia Aranos hunt 2021 ; First Gemsbuck/Oryx and first Springbuck

Finkelstein, good to hear from you again. Barnes TTSX flat base 160gn at 2820f/s .323 "bore out of the Mauser 8x57JS shooting soft with no noticeable recoil. It is a great shooting rifle , my son Ruan`s favorite rifle he shot his first game animal with. I heard about 8x57JS rifles who according to people shooting them and complain about the hard felt recoil. I can not share this experience with them since the 8x57JS small ring Turkish Mauser I shoot does not have such a problem.. I believe there are a lot of potential in this Mauser 8x57JS to shoot out further than the average hunter/owner/shooter believe is possible..During the load developement Wollie did we were impressed by the accuracy out to 200 meters and 300 meters. The only reason we were not able to see how this rifle would perform out to 400meters, and 500meters was the shortage of bullets.

Moving to Perigrine bullets will solve this.

User

The 8x57JS is still supersonic after 1000yards. With a 196grain boat tail bullet that have the optimum BC, 500meter is close for this German Calibre.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Finkelstein View Post
    The 8x57JS is still supersonic after 1000yards. With a 196grain boat tail bullet that have the optimum BC, 500meter is close for this German Calibre.
    Finkelstein, good to hear from you, I know the 8x57JS is capable of shooting accurately out to 1000 meters..

I absolutely agree with you...the other side of the coin is my inability to do that kind of shooting..

I know the 8x57JS will always shoots five hundred % better than what I am capable of shooting myself...this is why I will hunt out to 300 meters and shoot out to 500 meters..This may be possible for me if I learn to shoot the 8x57JS accurately..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2