Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Facebook

Default Facebook

Hi Guys.
    It looks as if your Facebook site has disappeared?

User

Default Re: Facebook

I noticed the same too, I thought it a glitch on my side.

Treehuggers get the group banned ??

This one?
    Quite old posts, but then I'm not a member, so might be displaying different for me.

https://www.facebook.com/Gunsite.South.Africa

Quote Originally Posted by SoldierMan View Post
    This one?
    Quite old posts, but then I'm not a member, so might be displaying different for me.

https://www.facebook.com/Gunsite.South.Africa
    No
    There is/was a up to date one with lots of daily posts

Word from GOSA:

Guys...

It looks as if the Gunsite South Africa Facebook group has been deleted by Facebook.

We are already very conscious of not allowing content that might be problematic on the GOSA group, but we will have to ensure that this is even more of a focus for us going forward.

Even where Facebook has made a clear mistake. One instance that springs to mind is a poster asking, in Afrikaans, how ("h0e") to do something - because Facebook mistakenly thought he was using derogatory or threatening language towards ladies.

The Admins used to approve posts, but, of late we have seen Facebook punish the Admins for allowing posts which they take to be offensive... even when they actually DON'T offend. We decided last week to disable post approval, because Admin infractions endanger the group, whilst member infractions don't. We don't know if this will work.

In the meantime... prepare to move to the group on MeWe (https://mewe.com/join/gosa-gunownerssouthafrica) if this group suddenly disappears. It's sad that we live in a world with so little tolerance for alternate views.

Wow, a real blow for free speech if true. Just outright censorship seems to be the norm and accepted these days.

Yup
    Most post recently seemed to be on how to license, licensing problems and fighting the new proposed amendments

Hope everyone switches to GOSA etc

Lol... I thought it was just my side... I currently have 1 month posting ban for speaking my mind on China and Karl Niehaus....a friend got a 2 week ban for posting some animal rights crap... It's pretty easy to offend the flakey ones at TwatFaceBook

User

Eventually, Facebook will ban everyone who doesn't agree with their group think; Then they will only be talking to the mirror of themselves.

They will then go into Nietzsche's last mode forever screaming at the mirror.

User

I see another social media platform in the near future, maybe one with less bullshit?
    Who knows…
    I sold a Vest over a year ago and they flagged me 2 weeks ago for it…
    Their algorithm is a real doos that never sleeps

Sent from my Fax Machine.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast