Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Facebook

User

Default Re: Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Luker View Post
    @oafpatrol:

" The only valid scenario for pre-emptive censorship IMHO is for the protection of national security in time of war ".

This is why the Democrats in the US insist on calling the January 6 trespassing an "insurrection".
    I don't think that's about them trying to justify or excuse their censorship its just hyperbole and emotive language used to advance a narrative.

The CHAZ/CHOP thing in Seattle which did a much better job of passing for an insurrection and lasted for weeks was referred to by the mayor as a block party and being like the summer of love. This was extensively reported on by the left leaning media until people started dying. This was just the opposite side of the same BS narrative. That is more propaganda than censorship IMO.

The censorship I'm more worried about is the less visible and more insidious kind that is effected by shaping what the drone on the phone gets in their feed. Doesn't even have to be done subtly since the vast majority just passively absorb what's fed to them and only very rarely if ever actively go looking for news or analysis and opinion. Given that well over half of people in the US get almost all of their 'news' fed to them via social media the opportunities for weeding out the off script content systematically are enormous and the effects similarly so. The rest of the world is rapidly catching up, or should that be down, to those stats.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Cockroach View Post
    Given how pathetic many SA Gunshop websites are, I would be more inclined to think they have never heard of SEO or similar
    I would be sold on that given how weak some of the firearms related web shops are but for the fact that I don't see the same level of difficulty returning identical things on non-firearms related sites. A recent example was when looking for QD sling swivel sockets. Framing the search using photography as the context rather than guns brought me back results including those from the depths of a couple of small crappy sites that hadn't had a sprinkle of magic SOE powder applied. Not so with the gun sites where I found them. These were in two cases the identical brand of swivel socket.
    Last edited by oafpatroll; 02-08-2021 at 19:16. Reason: Effort to make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by oafpatroll View Post
    I don't think that's about them trying to justify or excuse their censorship its just hyperbole and emotive language used to advance a narrative.

The CHAZ/CHOP thing in Seattle which did a much better job of passing for an insurrection and lasted for weeks was referred to by the mayor as a block party and being like the summer of love. This was extensively reported on by the left leaning media until people started dying. This was just the opposite side of the same BS narrative. That is more propaganda than censorship IMO.

The censorship I'm more worried about is the less visible and more insidious kind that is effected by shaping what the drone on the phone gets in their feed. Doesn't even have to be done subtly since the vast majority just passively absorb what's fed to them and only very rarely if ever actively go looking for news or analysis and opinion. Given that well over half of people in the US get almost all of their 'news' fed to them via social media the opportunities for weeding out the off script content systematically are enormous and the effects similarly so. The rest of the world is rapidly catching up, or should that be down, to those stats.
    Yeah the left and media were all too willing to give a voice and platform for CHOP. BUT as soon as it affected the major directly she shut it down within a day or so I believe. These leftists are so full of crap when it comes to free speech - only when it suits their position.

User

What I will never accept nor understand is why clowns like this piece of excrement never get "cancelled" or banned form social media.

https://www.news24.com/witness/news/...marks-20210803

User

Quote Originally Posted by Johann du Toit View Post
    What I will never accept nor understand is why clowns like this piece of excrement never get "cancelled" or banned form social media.

https://www.news24.com/witness/news/...marks-20210803
    The object of the exercise is to create as much confusion as possible regarding right and wrong. It will eventually get to the stage where 'right' becomes whatever the media, especially social media, tells you.
    Any other opinion will be wrong.
    It's almost text book Lenin.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4