Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default The Survivalist Mindset - Craig Gadd

Excellent interview!

User

Default Re: The Survivalist Mindset - Craig Gadd

Thx Camo,I found the submissions thing experience with the politicians thing quite interesting.

User

legend of a human, and a true gentleman.

User

Excellent interview, wish you all the best Craig.

As I understand it the incident happened in October 2020 so almost a year later, he has not been charged so why hasn't his firearm been returned?

After an incident does the SAPS just have to do a ballistic test with your firearm?
    Is it done locally or does the firearm have to be transported to some testing facility somewhere?
    Even if that's the case it's ridiculous that that can take longer than a month even.

Sent from my SM-A115F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Branden88 View Post
    As I understand it the incident happened in October 2020 so almost a year later, he has not been charged so why hasn't his firearm been returned?
    After an incident does the SAPS just have to do a ballistic test with your firearm?
    Is it done locally or does the firearm have to be transported to some testing facility somewhere?
    Sent from my SM-A115F using Tapatalk
    Ballistics is done centrally at provincial level.

The police will almost always take the gun for testing. This is done not only to determine who shot who, but also to obtain evidence with a view to linking a suspect to a scene later on. Bullets pulled from dead guys found elsewhere and people in hospital can be compared to the samples taken from the gun to link them.

In my experience it takes a year or so to get your gun back. It's not acceptable, but it is what it is.

This is why it is so often recommended to have two fighting pistols in your battery before you get toys.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

User

Quote Originally Posted by SSP View Post

The police will almost always take the gun for testing. This is done not only to determine who shot who, but also to obtain evidence with a view to linking a suspect to a scene later on. Bullets pulled from dead guys found elsewhere and people in hospital can be compared to the samples taken from the gun to link them.

In my experience it takes a year or so to get your gun back. It's not acceptable, but it is what it is.

This is why it is so often recommended to have two fighting pistols in your battery before you get toys.
    To think Rhodesian security forces could track, trace and tie a terrorists gun through ballistics faster in the 70s/80s than SAPS can do now.

User

Not to derail. Mine took 10 months in 2010.Now they have a great excuse for 2020/2021.

User

Quote Originally Posted by SSP View Post

^This is advice that more people should see, take note of and act on.

Over an above how long it takes to get the weapon back, the condition that its returned in is a lotto. Mate of mine was killed in a robbery, SAPS took his blood soaked 1911 away and when it came back more than a year later it was rusted to hell.

User

DOWNRANGE: Tune in today @ 15h30.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmX...J_k3g/featured

I have known Craig Gadd for more than ten years now and have been on the range with him many times. Early in the morning of the 6th of October 2020, he was confronted by violent criminals while taking out the trash. He defended himself with his Glock 17, but was wounded in the process.
    We talk to him about his training, the incident itself and the aftermath. We talk about his struggles to deal with the incident and how it affected his family. We also ask him about his thoughts on the proposed amendments to the FCA.
    The interview will be streamed live on Tac SHAC Tactical TV on Thursday afternoon 15h30, just before the long weekend. You are welcome to subscribe to be alerted to the start of the interview. We will take some questions during the live feed from the comments section below.
    Lynette Oxley for TACSHAC Tactical TV.

User

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast