Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Default Re: Before things became obvious, but after we had wiped the piss out our eyes.

35 inches and 33 inches

User

Default Re: Before things became obvious, but after we had wiped the piss out our eyes.

39 inch

(gut feel is that it is a 42 incher though)

User

Just for the hell of it i will put the horns at 36" and the carcass weight at 110 KG.

Banned

39" inch's, TStones upper 30 inch is correct.
    Aimpoint you still beat me by 10 inch, I said 44"

Pissed off that i always under estimate, one day it will cost me a lot of money!

Banned

Waiting for carcass weight

User

Quote Originally Posted by aimpoint View Post
    Pissed off that i always under estimate, one day it will cost me a lot of money!
    Better to underestimate when guiding clients. Better still never to name a number if you can avoid it.

My mentor when I started out as a ph used to ask a question: "What is the quickest way to ruin a trophy?"
    Answer: Put a tape on it.

Quote Originally Posted by TStone View Post
    Better to underestimate when guiding clients. Better still never to name a number if you can avoid it.

My mentor when I started out as a ph used to ask a question: "What is the quickest way to ruin a trophy?"
    Answer: Put a tape on it.
    Very true.

But if you hunt alone and for meat only the difference of one inch can result in a stupid amount of money

User

Quote Originally Posted by aimpoint View Post
    Very true.

But if you hunt alone and for meat only the difference of one inch can result in a stupid amount of money
    To be honest, I have never thought about it that way but very true. Just goes to show how perspective makes a difference.

Banned

I do go out looking for big horns, but yea!, it is still a thrill trying for one, hoping for one.
    Here is something that kills me, the type of farmer that wants to charge for trophy's on a free range open farm.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast