Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Default Re: Article: "Denel PMP also in dire straits"

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
    That's all self inflicted stupidity, and that damage is done. We could have kept PMP a float on their cheap .223, 9mm and .40SW sales. I wonder how many forum members bought thousands of rounds (I did) burned it at the range and matches. Then it dried up, but the American market could buy our surplus at silly prices.

Fuck em, split milk.

Denel is much more than PMP. The domestic civilian market in SA for all products that the conglomerate made combined probably didn't equal the value of one foreign order for a few dozen APCs or a missile system refill.

I'm not praise singing, like everything else the government has cosplayed at, they've fucked it up despite the warnings. I am saying that losing industrial capability and infrastructure on this level isn't without consequences that go far beyond the price of ammo for sports shooters. They probably will disappear like a lot of other stuff that we have already paid for but it wont come without additional cost to us.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Davidc View Post
    Agree 100% with your comment. Every SOE turned to shit and Joe public has to bail them out.
    This SOE supplied stuff that they will continue to buy with our taxes. Now, they'll do it in dollars, paid to foreigners. Over and above what will inevitably get stolen through corruption that money will be used to build the industrial capabilities of other countries rather than ours. We will continue the 'bailout' but it will be to some chinese or russian 'soe'. Its a lose/lose imo.

User

Quote Originally Posted by oafpatroll View Post
    Denel is much more than PMP. The domestic civilian market in SA for all products that the conglomerate made combined probably didn't equal the value of one foreign order for a few dozen APCs or a missile system refill.

I'm not praise singing, like everything else the government has cosplayed at, they've fucked it up despite the warnings. I am saying that losing industrial capability and infrastructure on this level isn't without consequences that go far beyond the price of ammo for sports shooters. They probably will disappear like a lot of other stuff that we have already paid for but it wont come without additional cost to us.
    Oh no doubt, but at this stage the writing is on the wall. SOE's are done, business with them is risky and to conducted with extreme caution. South Africa and it's government does not have the capacity in neither human capitol nor actual capitol to develop the economy through central panning or spending.

I just wonder how long this sort of thing can play out till something snaps?

User

As long as our fates are directed by BMW Stalinists in Hugo Boss suits referring to each other as 'Comrade', probably not long.

User

User

Quote Originally Posted by oafpatroll View Post
    This SOE supplied stuff that they will continue to buy with our taxes. Now, they'll do it in dollars, paid to foreigners. Over and above what will inevitably get stolen through corruption that money will be used to build the industrial capabilities of other countries rather than ours. We will continue the 'bailout' but it will be to some chinese or russian 'soe'. Its a lose/lose imo.
    Even with all the resources at our fingertips the ruling party will invest elsewhere, look at the Cuban engineers and doctors that are being brought in to “assist “ or the Chinese contractors being used all over the place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Not one SOE is a success story. There were a few glimmers of hope, but they to have fallen by the way side.

Planned destruction.

User

Everything cANCer touches, turns to shit. This is why we need privatization because the less control the state has over our economy, our infrastructure, and our everyday lives the better.

There is certainly going to be a big knock on effect which will have negative consequences for many small suppliers and more skills lost to SA as they emigrate

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2