Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Happy Friday!

Default Re: Happy Friday!

Welcome. Don't let up and have some patience, things take a little while but once you have the gun in your hands it's all worth the effort.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Branden88 View Post
    @Kavish,
    Welcome, I'm also based in JHB, Roodepoort don't worry I did my handgun competency in 2018 and I'm regretting it so badly now, not doing my SLR and Shotgun competencies at that time as well, handed in my SLR and Shotgun apps on 26th May 2021, have not received any feedback. Apparently they don't send out SMS's for competency apps according to the SGT.
    Thanks @Branden88 - I handed everything in yesterday (16/08/2021) after several back and forth trips. Going to give them a few days before I call to ask about the reference number.

User

So in total I must have called at least 50 times. For the first few weeks all I got was system offline, which changed to Parkview being in a backlog and they've started to capture April apps, which changed to May apps... And in the last two weeks that tune changed to them in a backlog capturing Feb apps. Sounded very fishy so I ramped up my efforts and made 2 calls a day, both to DFO and the lady he has capturing apps. Yesterday they made an 'exception' and captured my app and provided the competency reference number.

Now for the long wait...

User

After about 10 emails and a few calls my app was forwarded to CFR. Probably another 6 months or a year left... LOL.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Kavish View Post
    After about 10 emails and a few calls my app was forwarded to CFR. Probably another 6 months or a year left... LOL.
    @Kavish,

Greetings, hopefully they gave you the reference number so that you’ll be able to track it on the app or website. Services | SAPS (South African Police Service)
    The reference number will start with a C for example C8701010.

User

@Kavish,

Greetings, hopefully they gave you the reference number so that you’ll be able to track it on the app or website. Services | SAPS (South African Police Service)
    The reference number will start with a C for example C8701010.
    Apologies @Branden88 - Yeah, I did get the reference number on 29 September 2021. Then from 24 November I decided to write to lots of email addresses every 3-5 days asking for feedback. I'm going to continue doing this hoping something positive happens.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Kavish View Post
    Apologies @Branden88 - Yeah, I did get the reference number on 29 September 2021. Then from 24 November I decided to write to lots of email addresses every 3-5 days asking for feedback. I'm going to continue doing this hoping something positive happens.
    All the best, at least it gives you A LOT of time to research your choices and make an informed decision , my competency (SLR & Shotgun) is currently on 211 calendar days, at "Send to competency section".

User

All the best, at least it gives you A LOT of time to research your choices and make an informed decision , my competency (SLR & Shotgun) is currently on 211 calendar days, at "Send to competency section".
    Ah lovely! At least your app isn’t lost somewhere. I am an eager beaver. Already chose the firearm, bought the holster, Olight tech that was going on a Black Friday special and looking at other stuff, LOL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Hi and welcome!

User

I am happy to confirm, after 308 calendar days my competency was approved! LOL!

Hope you guys have had more success in one or more of these.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast