Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    User

Default Re: Roni's (carbine conversions) - effectiveness, durability, recommended or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Skaaphaas View Post
    No-one is going to comment on the CP1, in 9mmS of all things? You disappoint me, Gunsite.

By this time his eyes should be bleeding from the hate comments.
    This isn’t the fb page

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Default Re: Roni's (carbine conversions) - effectiveness, durability, recommended or not?

I have a P10C and a Roni with the Roni torch inserted and a red dot sight on it. I EDC my P10C on the farm and every evening when I am at home, I install it in my Roni and put it next to my bed. Every morning I remove it again. Each operation does not even take 10 seconds.
    The first time I used it, I did not install the pistol properly and damaged the charging handle. I got a replacement and it has been holding up.
    The picatinny rail on the top's screws came loose at one time, but I put on loctite and it is holding up.
    The accuracy is not bad as I am landing shots on my gongs much better at 25m than I am able to without it.
    I just have an issue that my P10 drops magazines out easier while shooting it, but on the Gen2 P10 and the Glocks, I think this is not an issue.
    I also take it out with me in the evening when I go to check on irrigation pumps, and I have taken down a few Springhase with it, which I would have not been able to with just the pistol in the dark.
    I Paid like R4500 last year for it without the red-dot and the torch and I see prices has gone up quite a bit.

That all said, I just see it now as my "Evening holster" with a integrated torch and Red dot attached for a better self-defense platform.
    If I wanted to do proper shooting, I'll just get a SLR carbine. I bought the Roni at a time I did not have SLR proficiency training or DSS, but now I have all that and a SLR on the way...

User
    Right next to the pot that needs stirring.

BravoFox, just my thoughts on your “night time” process:
    I have a Roni, Various SLR’s and Shotguns, but my SD pistol are kept as my SD pistol. Farm Attacks are mostly inside the house with more than 1 attacker. With my Glock 19 in hand I feel a lot better equipped to fight in the house than with any of the other.

As a secondary weapon a pistol in a Ronir or SLR on standby is fine. When going outside also. But putting your primary EDC in a Roni is not a good idea for my circumstances and skills.

Please think it through for your circumstances.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Adoons View Post
    BravoFox, just my thoughts on your “night time” process:
    I have a Roni, Various SLR’s and Shotguns, but my SD pistol are kept as my SD pistol. Farm Attacks are mostly inside the house with more than 1 attacker. With my Glock 19 in hand I feel a lot better equipped to fight in the house than with any of the other.

As a secondary weapon a pistol in a Ronir or SLR on standby is fine. When going outside also. But putting your primary EDC in a Roni is not a good idea for my circumstances and skills.

Please think it through for your circumstances.
    I just mentioned what I do with my Roni. I did not deem it necessary to discuss here what my whole home defense strategy is and the other EDC firearm(s) I have and use it for....

User
    Right next to the pot that needs stirring.

Exactly as I have just mentioned what I do with mine and clearly stated "for my circumstances and skills" and just noted that for those circumstances a pistol in a Roni is not providing a "better self defence platform" for "my circumstances and skills." Also just asked you to analyse it for your circumstances. Thanks for the trouble you took to do that. It was time well spent.

I would also like to mention my perspective for my circumstances that I also don't "put my SD firearm next to my bed" and go to sleep. Myself just don't like my firearms lying somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoons View Post
    Exactly as I have just mentioned what I do with mine and clearly stated "for my circumstances and skills" and just noted that for those circumstances a pistol in a Roni is not providing a "better self defence platform" for "my circumstances and skills." Also just asked you to analyse it for your circumstances. Thanks for the trouble you took to do that. It was time well spent.

I would also like to mention my perspective for my circumstances that I also don't "put my SD firearm next to my bed" and go to sleep. Myself just don't like my firearms lying somewhere.
    If possible (young babies and so on) lock your bedroom door at night, that way you can leave your gun next to your bed.
    If you do have babies or young children try and create an area that is locked off from the rest of the house via security gates or something similar, or give your kids keys to your bedroom door, so that you can lock your door and so won't be surprised with a gun to your head while you sleep.

I looked at the micro roni for my hand gun. I was 3 almost ready to buy it off thr net, but decided to go see it in the shop. Some how i was put off.
    I'm fairly tall and got long arms so the micro roni will be very short and possible uncomfortable to use.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4