Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    User

Default Re: Roni's (carbine conversions) - effectiveness, durability, recommended or not?

I have a Roni, it's fun, nice for introducing new shooters and convenient to go shoot PCC or three gun if you have another pistol.

I wouldn't suggest one of you have more important things to put the money towards first though.

Default Re: Roni's (carbine conversions) - effectiveness, durability, recommended or not?

Quote Originally Posted by oafpatroll View Post
    The carbine conversion chassis can't make the pistol it holds more accurate, that's limited by the mechanical accuracy of the pistol. If it allows movement of the pistol relative to the chassis it could be less consistent shot to shot in the same way as a sloppy bedding bedevils rifle consistency.

As PeaceOfficer says, because it provides more points of contact and a longer sight radius it could make it easier to land hits at ranges beyond where handguns need real expertise. I don't know what make they were, but I have seen guys shooting carbine conversions at 25-30m on IDPA targets much more effectively than they did with their pistols alone.
    Ok. That answers quite a bit of my question regarding the accuracy.

Now the price talk.. I've seen a few advertised for +g6k others are 10k +

What's the differences and what should i look for?

Thoughts about buying them second hand?

Are there any nitty gritty pieces that can br camouflaged during a second hand deal?

User

A second P07 or a P09 would be a great idea.

As for the Roni, I love it. It’s used as a toy for me really, something I’ve used when I have younglings with at the range etc. Helps stabilize the platform.
    If I lived on a Plaas or rural setting I’d have a G17/P09 permanently setup in a Roni. Especially if I had no long guns available.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Banned

I have read several times that folks get a pistol carbine conversion kit, yet it mostly works well if one has a second pistol dedicated to the conversion.

Having only one pistol which one needs to transfer back and forth seems too much trouble. That is one of the main reasons that the kits get sold again.

On the other hand, those with a dedicated pistol in a pcc kit seem very happy with theirs.

User

Roni is like what is called a gateway drug... once you try it you want your pistol and a proper carbine also. It is helluva fun and relatively easy and fairly cheap to try since you do not need another license and that whole story to try it out for a while till you are absolutely hooked then sell once you buy a proper carbine

No-one is going to comment on the CP1, in 9mmS of all things? You disappoint me, Gunsite.

By this time his eyes should be bleeding from the hate comments.
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

User

Default Roni's (carbine conversions) - effectiveness, durability, recommended or not?

Quote Originally Posted by KM02 View Post
    Yip. I have thought about it already. My father has a few pieces still on his name. Ill move some of the more 'collectibles" to my name soon. Namely a vector cp1 in 9mmk (something I've never seen anywhere else). Soo yeah that'll serve as a backup pistol if need be.

Im specifically contemplating whether or not to get a roni for the P07

A backup defensive tool should not be a “collectable” or something you wont find any spare parts for when you need them.

A backup defensive (life saving) tool should be just as effective, reliable and carry-able as your primary defensive tool

I dont think you understand how SAPS Ballistic testing works, they TAKE your gun, and they KEEP it for a long time, 6 months to a couple of years even.

Sent from my Fax Machine.

User

Default Roni's (carbine conversions) - effectiveness, durability, recommended or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Skaaphaas View Post
    No-one is going to comment on the CP1, in 9mmS of all things? You disappoint me, Gunsite.

By this time his eyes should be bleeding from the hate comments.
    Baby steps

Sent from my Fax Machine.

Thanks for the info. Really appreciate.

As for the cp1, hahahaa.. I really do get the fact that it's not the best thing to use as a SD. But yeah anyway with tight budget, my next one is definitely a shot gun... And then possibly a roni or another decent (not a cp1) pistol depending on the price.

Oh yeah and then i was thinking, do you have to sight in the optics ever time you put the pistol in the roni?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast