Thumbs up Elderly homeowner fires on intruders, body found later by police

Hi guys just a short one here.

Bit of background. These thugs have been terrorising my community for the last couple of weeks, at one point they were doing 1-2 home-invasions every night, every single time they were successful, and managed to complete their deeds unabated, escaping into bush like ghosts before any kind of armed response arrives. (There is no substitute for keeping your own armed response on you)

Anyway, seems like they eventually got their comeuppance, can say I slept easier knowing there were at-least less scum prowling the area. Haven't heard of any more home-invasions since that night.

The defenders firearm was taken in for ballistics last I heard but otherwise him and his family were in good spirit.

Good on him from bravely protecting his family and guests lives.

https://www.algoafm.co.za/local/gqeb...ater-by-police

User

Default Re: Elderly homeowner fires on intruders, body found later by police

Yes, that's good news.

Up the road, the Bushy Park/Sardinia Bay area smallholdings have also been having lots of similar issues over the last week or two. Again, also only calming down after an elderly lady wounded one scumbag.

Lekker... As someone who has been robbed numerous times... Last time while I was home... I feel FA for these things. Hope the guy gets his gun back soon though..

User

Quote Originally Posted by Tappets View Post
    Lekker... As someone who has been robbed numerous times... Last time while I was home... I feel FA for these things. Hope the guy gets his gun back soon though..
    Good outcome.

Problem with ballistics is it takes months-years, the only way to stay armed is to have multiple defensive handguns.

Sent from my Fax Machine.

User

seems there was a body found in a local street earlier this morning - reprogrammed with a shotgun

the guys are learning - no ballistics - and nobody saw a thing it seems ...... hmmmmmmm...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DadRob View Post
    seems there was a body found in a local street earlier this morning - reprogrammed with a shotgun

the guys are learning - no ballistics - and nobody saw a thing it seems ...... hmmmmmmm...
    Back in the 90ties doing Narc's and Illegal firearms - bit of riot work I was told I may not carry hollow points, " you never know Dave, rather not have a bullet recovered"