User

Smile Astigmatism issue solved.. Vortex UH1

Hi, Gents

I've always suffered with red dots be it Vortex / Holosun / Aimpoint, tried and tested them all. I was never able to see a clear DOT when using them, for me it appeared to be a blurry star.

My first attempt to resolve this was new prescription glasses (R10k later..), resulted in a slight improvement, the DOT still had a weird shape and a bit of a 'tail' but usable.

Since then I've been using LPVO's but its just not as fast as a red dot based on my experience.

Now :) very recently closed my eyes and EFT'd for a UH1 that was for sale, and all I can say is wow.... No more blurry dots, its clear and exactly as advertised. Now I know everyone's eyes are different, but I highly suggest trying a holographic sight. Game changer for me and my shooting experience.

User

Default Re: Astigmatism issue solved.. Vortex UH1

User

User

I have your problem but I decided to make piece with it or perhaps switch to a daylight bright LPVO.

Glad to hear you are sorted with the Vortex :)

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

User

Yep, holographic sights are known to be better for astigmatism when compared with emitter type red dot sights.

User

Was a bit shocked when I looked through it... was a "wait.. this is what you guys normally see" moment :D

Quote Originally Posted by Stevin View Post
    Yep, holographic sights are known to be better for astigmatism when compared with emitter type red dot sights.

Banned

I took my 9mm with me to the optometrist and he made my new specs almost perfect...90 % improvement over the previous pair...I shot like a champ on Saturday :)

User

Nice, Ill maybe try that next time too when I make a booking.

Quote Originally Posted by M80BHP View Post
    I took my 9mm with me to the optometrist and he made my new specs almost perfect...90 % improvement over the previous pair...I shot like a champ on Saturday :)

User

There are some nice compact prism sights coming out now that also don't have the astigmatism problem due to the etched reticle

User

Ive actually used one of the Vortex Prism optics. It just didn't work with me, reticle was clear as its etched. But always felt slightly off when looking through it. Was the 1x version so should be able to shoot it with both eyes open, but after a few minutes of using it you feel sick :D Had a few guys at the range test it and reported the same feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by prepare2win View Post
    There are some nice compact prism sights coming out now that also don't have the astigmatism problem due to the etched reticle