Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Evo

8 80.00%
  • Charger

2 20.00%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Post Ruger PC Charger vs Cz evo 3

OK, not sure if this should go under a different section but since licence puts them under handgun, I guess it's fair game

If you could only have one of the two, which would it be?
    I'm leaning towards the evo because it looks awesome to me and it has a left hand friendly bolt
    My only worry is that the ejection port sits to the right... What's the chance of getting a taste of some hot brass or worse?

Default Re: Ruger PC Charger vs Cz evo 3

I just went for the PC9.

On the PC9 the bolt you can move to either side. Wont the Charger have similar?

Reason I went with the PC9 was that to make the Charger shootable you will need to get a brace. AKA Stock. Which is Hens Teeth. As Brownels is solidly sold out on them.

Without the Brace and adding a Silencer to balance it out on its own its kinda not shootable.

So I went PC9.

Im a Huge fan of CZ. But the Ruger price was way less. And got cheaper mag options.

Then also has a upgrade options for the trigger box.

User

Hi

These are now classified as Hand Machine Carbines, no longer pistols.

SAPS closed that "gap" already.

I

Sent from my SM-A725F using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by batman69 View Post
    Hi

These are now classified as Hand Machine Carbines, no longer pistols.

SAPS closed that "gap" already.

I

Seemed too got to be true.

Quick question on the pc9. I'm planning on getting a Mp3 sized safe (smaller than 510mm). After takedown, will this fit in there? . With the evo, after removing the stock it seems to fit in there, although barely, with the added advantage of the stock just being a "piece of plastic" so no need to worry to store it in my safe (which frees up a lot of time for me cuddling it in bed)

But apart from it looking like any other gun (no coolness except being a black gun) (PS I do hate wooden stocks , idk why) how do you like it? Does takedown influence accuracy?

@shooty

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    I just went for the PC9.

On the PC9 the bolt you can move to either side. Wont the Charger have similar?

Reason I went with the PC9 was that to make the Charger shootable you will need to get a brace. AKA Stock. Which is Hens Teeth. As Brownels is solidly sold out on them.

Without the Brace and adding a Silencer to balance it out on its own its kinda not shootable.

So I went PC9.
    See question above

No Idea if it will fit.

I recently ought a Chubb Category 2 Safe. So the Pc9 is joining one of the empty slots in it. LOL

Mark at Guns n Bows who imports Ruger. Has confirmed the Chargers cam in as Pistols. PC9's as Carbines.

User

Also see that the charger does not have iron sights. Have to budget for an optic as well.

The gun is around R20k.

A decent optic, maybe another R5k?

User

Quote Originally Posted by gertvanjoe View Post
    Quick question on the pc9. I'm planning on getting a Mp3 sized safe (smaller than 510mm). After takedown, will this fit in there? . With the evo, after removing the stock it seems to fit in there, although barely, with the added advantage of the stock just being a "piece of plastic" so no need to worry to store it in my safe (which frees up a lot of time for me cuddling it in bed)

But apart from it looking like any other gun (no coolness except being a black gun) (PS I do hate wooden stocks , idk why) how do you like it? Does takedown influence accuracy?

@shooty
    I suspect we are talking about the Ruger PC Charger, pistol version of the PCC. The older, discontinued but similar PC9 did not have the Charger option.

On the PC Charger you can remove the barrel to make it even more compact for storage in a small safe.

If the sight is mounted on the barrel shroud, it will stay zeroed to the barrel. This is the way to go IMO. If you choose to mount it on the receiver, then zero may shift every time you detach the barrel.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast