Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: Tac SHACK Tactical TV

So basically the "Proposed Amendments" didn't go their way, because there was an "uproar" from the firearm community, Security Industry and non-firearm owners etc.
    So these conniving snakes just "killed" the process with Administration. So even if your license application is approved, a gunshop will NOT hand over your firearm without the CARD.
    It will be an absolute mess now for new owners that needs to start with proficiency etc.

Sent from my thoughts using Telepathy

I was just planning on doing my Shotgun proficiency :(
    Is the best bet to just carry on and do it now or should I wait for an outcome with this whole shake up before doing it?

User

Quote Originally Posted by DDB View Post
    I was just planning on doing my Shotgun proficiency :(
    Is the best bet to just carry on and do it now or should I wait for an outcome with this whole shake up before doing it?
    @DDB,

Greetings long story short I handed in my SLR and Shotgun competencies in May 2021 . Whilst tracking my app it went to Provincial then went back to local DFO, according to the DFO there was a mistake on my app and Provincial did not know I already had a handgun competency and the officer didn't sign on my app etc. So DFO guaranteed me he will sort it out, even after I insisted that let's redo the application from scratch. I truly regret it now not doing all 3 competencies at the same time.

I would suggest doing it because the average waiting time is already around 6 months if not longer. But maybe call and ask for their professional opinion. Where are you based ?

Sent from my UFO using laser communication

Hey Brandon88,

I fall under Bramley DFO. I’ve got a good relationship with my DFO so maybe best to phone and chat to her before I submit the application. My understanding is this whole story affects the training and getting a certificate so should I even proceed with the training at this stage? I was planning on doing it in the next few weeks as soon as I had a moment between my studies.
    I’ll make sure they note my handgun competency so I don’t have that muck up!

User

Quote Originally Posted by DDB View Post
    Hey Brandon88,

I fall under Bramley DFO. I’ve got a good relationship with my DFO so maybe best to phone and chat to her before I submit the application. My understanding is this whole story affects the training and getting a certificate so should I even proceed with the training at this stage? I was planning on doing it in the next few weeks as soon as I had a moment between my studies.
    I’ll make sure they note my handgun competency so I don’t have that muck up!
    Well if you decide to do it, I would recommend that you do your SLR competency as well.

You can contact Lynette, which also provides all the proficiency training that you'll need, ask her for advice and the best way forward.

Lynette Oxley – lynette@tacshac.co.za / 011 888 4037/ 072 244 8262

2 Swazi Street, Northcliff, Randburg.

All the best.

Sent from my Castle using a Raven

Thanks Branden88,

I actually already bought all 3 books for shotgun, semi auto rifle and manually operated rifle.
    I thought this time I’ll do them all together which I really should have done the first time around with my handgun.

User

BREAKING NEWS:

We talk about the egregiously illegitimate process of the upcoming webinar of the Civilian Secretariat of Police on the proposed amendments to the FCA.

Sent from THE WIRE

Scary situation with unlawful confiscations

User

Quote Originally Posted by Mark357 View Post

Scary situation with unlawful confiscations
    I watched it this morning. Scary stuff. I only own 1 FA. But In the process of acquiring a few more. . Worried about licensing getting declined

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

User

Sooner or later the popo are going to target the wrong person with this BS, someone with DEEP pockets and they will get a bloody nose, again.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast